If we are interested in Troy Smith

Cornell Green OT from the Raiders of all teams

Bills would be foolish not to sign him. Veteran O-Line depth has been completely ignored for a looooooooooooong time in Buffalo. I'd rather have a guy who has started a majority of the last 3 years at tackle as our primary backup than a young player who is forced to learn on the job.

Bills would be foolish not to sign him. Veteran O-Line depth has been completely ignored for a looooooooooooong time in Buffalo. I'd rather have a guy who has started a majority of the last 3 years at tackle as our primary backup than a young player who is forced to learn on the job.

What? You mean have that thing all the good teams have called Quality DEPTH? How dare you speak such common sense here!

I understand that we need depth. They don't need to be great players either. Green wasn't very good is the problem I have. However, if we can sign him and maybe get Wade Smith to sign as well, that would be a positive step in getting some depth to go with the youth as well.

Troy Smith was so good that the Ravens traded up in the first round to get Flacco two years ago -- and the Ravens' front office knows what they are doing.

Exactly. The fans here that want him maybe saw him play once or twice and he is a 'name' because he won a heisman. The guy hasn't ammounted to **** in the pros and if baltimore is willing to ship him, I don't want him.

Troy Smith was so good that the Ravens traded up in the first round to get Flacco two years ago -- and the Ravens' front office knows what they are doing.

If we're concerned with facts, the Ravens actually traded down from the 8th pick to the 18th pick to get Flacco.

Exactly. The fans here that want him maybe saw him play once or twice and he is a 'name' because he won a heisman. The guy hasn't ammounted to **** in the pros and if baltimore is willing to ship him, I don't want him.

They are willing to ship him, because he has been requesting a trade for over a year. He wants a chance to start since he lost his opportunity in Baltimore due to an illness.

It's interesting to me that people are so quick to trash Brohm who's seen the field for all of 10 minutes, but tend to get excited about Troy Smith whose done what exactly? Waste of a pick, waste of time. We have enough backups already.

Just wait until the draft rolls around and we take Tebow or McCoy in the 2nd. We'll have even more backups then.

Someone help me understand:

Troy Smith/Vince Young have the same exact delayed throwing motion Tebow does, yet VY was picked #3 over all and people are asking to trade for Smith?? And I am in no way a Tebow fan, I am a Nole through and through. But if we are going to bash his throwing motion why not bash the other 2 clowns? At least TT realizes he has a problem and he is trying to fix his motion.

From a fan that lives in the Balto/Wash area. The Ravens drafted Troy Smith the same Steve MacNair was deemed the starter. When it looked like Steve was done they drafted Joe Flacco. When Flacco and Smith competed head to head Smith was the better looking QB, not by much but he was the better looking QB. The media assumed Flacco was going to be the starter because he was a first rounder, it was the Raven players that said Smith was looking very strong and wasn't sure who there starter would be.

When Smith became ill, it was Flacco by default and he hasn't looked back. Smith last year demanded a trade. If I was Smith I would think that I out performed Flacco when going head to head I deserve my shot.

I would certainly trade a 5th for him. At worse it would add to the competition at a sorry position for us and Smith doesn't have to change his mechanics to play in the pro's like a Tebow.

I was never a Smith fan in college, he impressed me when I saw him compete in the pro's against Flacco.

Hopefully this give you little more insight before making assumptions.

Someone help me understand:

Troy Smith/Vince Young have the same exact delayed throwing motion Tebow does, yet VY was picked #3 over all and people are asking to trade for Smith?? And I am in no way a Tebow fan, I am a Nole through and through. But if we are going to bash his throwing motion why not bash the other 2 clowns? At least TT realizes he has a problem and he is trying to fix his motion.

Vince Young does but not Troy Smith. I would liken Smith to a Dave Girrard that has a stronger arm and can move better.

They are willing to ship him, because he has been requesting a trade for over a year. He wants a chance to start since he lost his opportunity in Baltimore due to an illness.

He lost the chance because when healthy he can't beat out Flacco.

He lost the chance because when healthy he can't beat out Flacco.

not after flacco was the entrenched starter, smith had the job won, then came down with the flu, lost like 20 lbs, and flacco got it by default, then never looked back. balt wasn't about to open up a qb battle after flacco helped lead them to the playoff his rookie year.