Post OFfice to 5 days a week, BFD

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the PhDs I meet are qualified. Not to sure about the circles you run in. Have fun with them though. :blink:

you would be appalled at the incompetence of some chemistry pHd's in the laboratory. I'd rather have a weed eatin dog in there at times...

Yes, teaching history in high school is a waste of time. :blink:

Not what I said conner.

A Doctorate does not make someone qualified?

No. Especially in soft studies.

A history doctorate is stupid. It just means he read a bunch of books anyone can read. And then wrote some papers for his professors.

Big whup.

Most of the history PhD types are the guys who go around making sure everyone calls them "Dr" too. So douch-ey.

An MD is a higher level degree I put some stock in. It generally indicates a level of expertise in a field for which the education is hard (certainly not impossible) to learn on your own.

Let me guess you stopped going to school because it was to hard or got in the way of your drinking and mastering of blogs?

I have higher degrees that are stupid but at least I recognize it. My JD is a degree I could have gotten straight out of high school...and probably could have gotten in lieu of high school. All it required was a ton of reading and some critical thinking skills. MS in Electrical Engineering just requires hoop-jumping to move through the tests. Certainly no measure of my engineering skills (which are not that impressive).

I put no to little stock in most college degrees. Outside the hard sciences, I'd tell people to wipe their ass with their college degrees if it wasn't an important notch on a resume when getting the first few jobs.

Not what I said conner.

No. Especially in soft studies.

A history doctorate is stupid. It just means he read a bunch of books anyone can read. And then wrote some papers for his professors.

Big whup.

Most of the history PhD types are the guys who go around making sure everyone calls them "Dr" too. So douch-ey.

An MD is a higher level degree I put some stock in. It generally indicates a level of expertise in a field for which the education is hard (certainly not impossible) to learn on your own.

I have higher degrees that are stupid but at least I recognize it. My JD is a degree I could have gotten straight out of high school...and probably could have gotten in lieu of high school. All it required was a ton of reading and some critical thinking skills. MS in Electrical Engineering just requires hoop-jumping to move through the tests. Certainly no measure of my engineering skills (which are not that impressive).

I put no to little stock in most college degrees. Outside the hard sciences, I'd tell people to wipe their ass with their college degrees if it wasn't an important notch on a resume when getting the first few jobs.

I've done all the coursework for a master's in military history on my own...basically, I need to enroll in a school and take a test. According to the lawyers I know (wife's and sister's coworkers), I'm perfectly qualified to take the bar right now except for that pesky "have to go to law school" requirement.

When I wrote earlier that I could get a PhD in education administration, I wasn't kidding all that much. Most higher degrees indicate intelligence far less than they do the willingness to invest time in getting a piece of paper.

I've done all the coursework for a master's in military history on my own...basically, I need to enroll in a school and take a test. According to the lawyers I know (wife's and sister's coworkers), I'm perfectly qualified to take the bar right now except for that pesky "have to go to law school" requirement.

When I wrote earlier that I could get a PhD in education administration, I wasn't kidding all that much. Most higher degrees indicate intelligence far less than they do the willingness to invest time in getting a piece of paper.

I think it has more to do with sheer motivation than actual intelligence. What I'm doing has an average pass rate of about 40% but none of the material is at all difficult, there is a just a lot to know in one exam.

How many things are wrong with this story? It's loaded. There's gunpowder in it. Someone pulls the trigger. There's a gun in school. Kids are handling said gun.

Even un-PhDed DC Tom might not let this happen, though he does tempt danger driving a Prius.

Nah. Without a PhD, I'd end up pointing it at my head.

Good. There is going to have to be pain somewhere if they don't want to raise taxes... Or postage, I take the USPS still does not take taxpayer (general fund) dollars (since what? 1981 or so)??

To EII,

You're in the wrong thread.

To rest of people,

Sorry to be repetitive.

Why hasn't stuckincincy chimed in yet to tell us how much better delivery was in the Pony Express days?

Because is wasn't a bowl of cherries in the Pony Express days.

Sure, you could duct tape an uppity kid to keep him quiet, but pulling the tape off the pony was no small feat.