Post OFfice to 5 days a week, BFD

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or become School Administrators.

A very good friend of mine, has been a teacher for many years now and is working towards his doctorate. He is an outstanding teacher and hopefully will become an administrator for his school in Virginia.

A very good friend of mine, has been a teacher for many years now and is working towards his doctorate. He is an outstanding teacher and hopefully will become an administrator for his school in Virginia.

A...a...a...doctorate...in... wait... let me finish... a doctorate in school...ahh ha ha ha ...I can't do it. A doctorate in school administration?!?

Wow, what an impressive qualification!

A...a...a...doctorate...in... wait... let me finish... a doctorate in school...ahh ha ha ha ...I can't do it. A doctorate in school administration?!?

I'm betting I could get one of those. :thumbsup:

Doctorate in History. He is a history teacher. People love to assume they know everything on this board got to love it.

Doctorate in History. He is a history teacher. People love to assume they know everything on this board got to love it.

Oh, so his history doctorate is the credential you're advancing for why he's qualified. I stand corrected.

A doctorate in history. What a colossal waste of !@#$ing time. If you're truly interested and a student of history, why waste a zillion dollars on school to get a doctorate? Your friend is a tool.

Oh, so his history doctorate is the credential you're advancing for why he's qualified. I stand corrected.

A doctorate in history. What a colossal waste of !@#$ing time. If you're truly interested and a student of history, why waste a zillion dollars on school to get a doctorate? Your friend is a tool.

Yes, teaching history in high school is a waste of time. :thumbsup:

So you think that someone who has been a teacher for some time now and has constantly improved and continued their own education is not qualified? A Doctorate does not make someone qualified?

Let me guess you stopped going to school because it was to hard or got in the way of your drinking and mastering of blogs?

So you think that someone who has been a teacher for some time now and has constantly improved and continued their own education is not qualified? A Doctorate does not make someone qualified?

Let me guess you stopped going to school because it was to hard or got in the way of your drinking and mastering of blogs?

Any level of education is only meaningful if it actually improves job performance. Another degree alone does not necessarily make that person a better teacher or accountant or whatever unless they actually put the knowledge to work and there is a measure of improvement.

Any level of education is only meaningful if it actually improves job performance. Another degree alone does not necessarily make that person a better teacher or accountant or whatever unless they actually put the knowledge to work and there is a measure of improvement.

Expanding ones subject knowledge is never a bad thing in my book. People should want to learn more whether or not it's going to have a direct effect on the job.

In this case, I do believe it will make him a better teacher. All teachers should advance their degrees. Just my opinion.

Yes...if only because you're teaching it to high schoolers.

A Doctorate does not make someone qualified?

No. Plenty of people out there with doctorates who aren't qualified to run a convenience store. The quality of the person is far more important that the quality of the degree.

Yes...if only because you're teaching it to high schoolers.

No. Plenty of people out there with doctorates who aren't qualified to run a convenience store. The quality of the person is far more important that the quality of the degree.

Ok, so if the person has a great work ethic and has a doctorate in the subject matter in which he/she was hired for... qualified? Definitely. I get so sick of blanket statements around here.