Looks like Chadwick fins deal is sealed

Thanks for posting, Beerball.

This of course means that Miami now has 4 QBs under contract.

Considering that several teams only kept 2 QBs on the roster the last few years, and with high draft pick Chad Henne as the anointed starter and last year's second round pick, Pat White aboard, it looks like Tyler Thigpen is going to be very acquirable.

Teams find it difficult to trade for a player that has a 50% chance of being released. Chad Henne's return is 100%, Pat White's return is 98%. The obvious choice to get released would be Thigpen, but the fact that the Dolphins were unwilling to cave into Pennington's attempt to get a no trade clause, at least indicates the team may possibly be looking to move Pennington rather than Thigpen.

To appease Pennington the team wrote in that if they do trade him, they will owe him an additional $1.5million. So, in all likelihood they'll hold onto all 4 for as long as they can hoping to get some trade value for Pennington or Thigpen to. Personally, I wouldn't mind bringing in either if they were released, but I wouldn't be thrilled about giving up draft picks for either. I don't think either is the answer at QB so why squander picks on them. Don't forget 7th round picks can become Pat Williams', Jason Peters', and Jabari Greer's (all of whom were UDFA's).