Could the Bills be considering trading down?

If Buddy really wants to build this team through the draft he's going to need a lot of picks. Could they be considering moving out of the 9 spot to pick up multiple later round picks?

Seems to me that the FA pool is pretty shallow so this might be their plan.

If Buddy really wants to build this team through the draft he's going to need a lot of picks. Could they be considering moving out of the 9 spot to pick up multiple later round picks?

If we could pick some other teams later first say around #15-20 and a second round #15-20, I would do it. We need alot of players, so getting as many picks as possible would be nice ala Jimmy Johnson's draft technique.

I was posting about this yesterday as a matter of fact Mike....

I think it is a definate possibility but I hope it is only if we get a decent deal to move down.....the 9th pick should get us a late first.....another 2nd....and a 3rd/4th

It WOULD put us in a position to take a good nose with the first pick........

I think theres a GOOD chance of a trade down if the players they want are gone. I would assume Okung, Bulaga, Clausen, Bradford (Suh and McCoy, but theyll be gone for sure) would be no brainers. Davis, Campbell, Iapati and Trent Williams would be logical if the previously mentioned were gone. I'm not sold on the any of them though. Trading down and getting another 2nd round pick would be ideal. If we could trade down into the later teens, we could grab one of those tackles or McClain, Dan Williams (ugh), Pierre-Paul, D Morgan, Kindle, B. Graham, Dunlap, Price. Add a 2nd round pick to fill another hole. It makes sense when rebuilding.

I think theres a GOOD chance of a trade down if the players they want are gone. I would assume Okung, Bulaga, Clausen, Bradford (Suh and McCoy, but theyll be gone for sure) would be no brainers. Davis, Campbell, Iapati and Trent Williams would be logical if the previously mentioned were gone. I'm not sold on the any of them though. Trading down and getting another 2nd round pick would be ideal. If we could trade down into the later teens, we could grab one of those tackles or McClain, Dan Williams (ugh), Pierre-Paul, D Morgan, Kindle, B. Graham, Dunlap, Price. Add a 2nd round pick to fill another hole. It makes sense when rebuilding.

Dude, I think thats the most I ever heard you say. Your spot on though!!!

With the holes on this team trading up just makes no sense to me at all.....

With the exception of Okung or Suh I dont see one player worth doing that for.

If Bradford goes #1 The Bills might try to trade up with Detroit to get Clausen.

Buffalo and Detroit have done a little trading the past few years including Ko Simpson,

Dockery(botched), Posluszny(draft day).

Detroit just traded for a DT and already have last years big paycheck @ #1.

We may add a player or two plus #9 and next years #1.

I'm not saying I agree, but after hearing Buddy and Chan harp on how much the NFL

is a QB driven league, I could see them trying hard to get one this year. Sadly, this is a

crappy year to be looking for one in the draft.

If Bradford goes #1 The Bills might try to trade up with Detroit to get Clausen.

Buffalo and Detroit have done a little trading the past few years including Ko Simpson,

Dockery(botched), Posluszny(draft day).

Detroit just traded for a DT and already have last years big paycheck @ #1.

We may add a player or two plus #9 and next years #1.

I'm not saying I agree, but after hearing Buddy and Chan harp on how much the NFL

is a QB driven league, I could see them trying hard to get one this year. Sadly, this is a

crappy year to be looking for one in the draft.

I'm not really high on any of the top names, Bradford, Clausen, or McCoy. I would rather we take Pike, Lefevour, Skelton, in the third or fourth, let them sit for a year and play Brohm, Fitz or Edwards as this year is a wash any way. I don't think there is QB in this draft worth a first round pick.

Yes, for the love of God, please trade down.

Just look at how great our 1st round picks have been compared to some of the starters we've picked up in later rounds. Last year is a fine example of it.

If we could get multiple picks in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th by all means, do it.

It is hard to find a trading partner. There has to be someone on the board at #9 that is coveted. Now if Clausen is there maybe someone will want to move up and trade with us. Otherwise all teams are thinking the same thing, lots of players on the board with similar grades between 9 and 20.

I guarentee you the bills are considering trading down. They have also considered trading up. They have considered taking a QB and a DT.

They also considered Bill Cowher for Head Coach

They considered signing Julius Peppers

They considered re-signing Terrell Owens

They considered trading Marshawn Lynch

They considered trading roscoe parish

If they havent...they shouldnt have a job. they should CONSIDER anything. including trading down.

Need a willing partner. Unless your Big Ben.

Need a willing partner. Unless your Big Ben.

I always get a sick when I hear of this as if any of these famous rich ass !@#$ers have to force anyone.

I'd bet 95% of the time it's a lye. It's about free $$$$$$. They will forever tarnish someones reputation whether they did it or not.

Why ugh on Dan WIlliams?

I'm just not a fan. I've watched a few videos of him, and I just don't think he looks B I G enough. I wasn't wowed by anything he did. I'd prefer to fill a different need and get a diff DT in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Dude, I think thats the most I ever heard you say. Your spot on though!!!

I've been viewing this board for 7 years everyday, many times a day. I know my football, I usually just observe rather then spend an hour trying to compose my thoughts perfectly (cuz if theyre not, it'll be flamed.)

Anything's possible.

It would probably cause us to miss some guys we might be targeting though, for example Dan Williams, Bulaga, McClain, Trent Williams or one of the two QBs in we get lucky enough to have them fall to us.

I'd doubt we trade down, but it's certainly a possibility.