How many others are there....?

Charlie Rangel, Eric Massa, David Paterson, plus untold others, took/are taking New Yorker's votes, trust and money and placed them on the shelf behind the elected officials own agendas.

Why do we keep electing these thugs?

Charlie Rangel, Eric Massa, David Paterson, plus untold others, took/are taking New Yorker's votes, trust and money and placed them on the shelf behind the elected officials own agendas.

Wouldn't it be great if the founding fathers came back from the dead as some sort of Team America Super Hero Team? Supplemented by some truely bad ass presidents like Adams, Teddy Roosevelt, George Washington for muscle. And then they go state by state cleaning house of all the nutty butties holding office. Once all states are cleansed then on to Washington to really kick some ass. That would be a nice reset and would make a great TV show I think!

Wouldn't it be great if the founding fathers came back from the dead as some sort of Team America Super Hero Team? Supplemented by some truely bad ass presidents like Adams, Teddy Roosevelt, George Washington for muscle. And then they go state by state cleaning house of all the nutty butties holding office. Once all states are cleansed then on to Washington to really kick some ass. That would be a nice reset and would make a great TV show I think!

You have to get good candidates to run because the party label on a candidate gaurantees a lot of votes for even a crappy candidate. We the people, are a big part of the problem IMO as the majority of Americans don't pay atention to what politicians are doing.

They wouldn't want the job because they'd refuse to play into the machine. Plus, they all had other jobs--full-time politician wasn't their calling.

Unfortunately this happens all over the country. Sad.

Register and vote Independent.

Vote incumbents in if you want more of the same.

So all a politician has to do is just change his R or D into an I and walaaaaaa, an honest politican who cares about his constituents magically transforms?

Sweeeet!!

So all a politician has to do is just change his R or D into an I and walaaaaaa, an honest politican who cares about his constituents magically transforms?

Sweeeet!!

"I" isn't a party and that's the point.

Since you took the "how to block quote" lesson so well (and we all thank you), let me note that your "walaaaaaa" is written voila and the "v" is not silent.

Since you took the "how to block quote" lesson so well (and we all thank you), let me note that your "walaaaaaa" is written voila and the "v" is not silent.

The general notion of voting out incumbents may sound appealing to many, but the reality is that it wouldn't make much of a difference. You vote one guy who was a politician for another who aspires to be one. What's the difference? I've said it before and I will say it again, you vote for the guy who you believe best represents your values, no matter if he's an incumbent, republican, democrat etc. etc.

The general notion of voting out incumbents may sound appealing to many, but the reality is that it wouldn't make much of a difference. You vote one guy who was a politician for another who aspires to be one. What's the difference? I've said it before and I will say it again, you vote for the guy who you believe best represents your values, no matter if he's an incumbent, republican, democrat etc. etc.

If you can look at your Congressional rep and vote for them in clean conscience, you're a liar.

My point is not that you vote out the current batch and vote in a new batch of career douches. The point is that you vote out this batch and if the next batch sucks, you vote them out too. The current bunch of top pols. clearly isn't getting the job done and we need a solid reboot with emphasis on the boot. At the moment, no one ever votes out incumbents. It just doesn't happen.

With respect to registration, registering R or D feeds the monkey, which is why I recommend that you not do it. I won't even register Libertarian even though I sympathize with their philosophy the most.

At the moment, no one ever votes out incumbents. It just doesn't happen.

I may be fooled, but I believe this is precisely what is about to happen in November. There seems to be a strong sentiment that any incumbent is a dead incumbent. The problem is that replacing an incumbent doesn't automatically equate to addition by subtraction if the new person is yet another idiot. But if a good part of the problem is our lack of desire to vote out incumbents, I believe that issue is going to at least be addressed in a few months. Hell, when the Senate Majority Leader is about to lose his long-standing position to a telephone pole and box of Jr. Mints, you can really see the ass-stompin' that the incumbents are about to take.

I may be fooled, but I believe this is precisely what is about to happen in November. There seems to be a strong sentiment that any incumbent is a dead incumbent. The problem is that replacing an incumbent doesn't automatically equate to addition by subtraction if the new person is yet another idiot. But if a good part of the problem is our lack of desire to vote out incumbents, I believe that issue is going to at least be addressed in a few months. Hell, when the Senate Majority Leader is about to lose his long-standing position to a telephone pole and box of Jr. Mints, you can really see the ass-stompin' that the incumbents are about to take.

We'll see. Congressional Stagnation is such a problem that it has its own Wiki page, complete with all the awful statistics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional...e_United_States

Unless the only challenger on the ballot is Al Sharpton, I can't see voting for an incombent in any federal race this year. Even in that case, I'll just vote for Ken Crippen or Baba Booey.

In my view it's not so much the politicians as it is the political system. You may have Joe Blow the politician of the people get elected, and after a few years of dealing with special interests, lobbyists, other politicians and etc. You most likely will see the same thing that we have been seeing.

Things rarely are as black and white as just saying "lets vote all the incumbents out" and then expecting to see a positive result. I don't see the sustained benefit of making such a sweeping generalized change. Maybe "Washington" might get the message for a year or two, but it's only a matter of time that things go back to business as usual.

This year as everyone knows is a terrible year to be an incumbent, and hopefully "Washington" gets the message, but I somehow doubt that. I believe with Obama's decision to ram through one of the largest pieces of legislation on a strictly partisan basis is going to sour the legislative even more so for many many years to come.

In my view it's not so much the politicians as it is the political system. You may have Joe Blow the politician of the people get elected, and after a few years of dealing with special interests, lobbyists, other politicians and etc. You most likely will see the same thing that we have been seeing.

Things rarely are as black and white as just saying "lets vote all the incumbents out" and then expecting to see a positive result. I don't see the sustained benefit of making such a sweeping generalized change. Maybe "Washington" might get the message for a year or two, but it's only a matter of time that things go back to business as usual.

This year as everyone knows is a terrible year to be an incumbent, and hopefully "Washington" gets the message, but I somehow doubt that. I believe with Obama's decision to ram through one of the largest pieces of legislation on a strictly partisan basis is going to sour the legislative even more so for many many years to come.

Maybe only 80% of incumbents will win this year.

They came back from the dead in 2003. GWB had them all killed again.

Don't you think if we base all of our ideas on quoting Frenchies that we'll end up commies in raspberry berets just like them?