Stop Dreaming About Wilfork

Wilfork signed a new deal with the Pats*.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

This is a huge shock ... except for anyone who has been paying attention. This move has been coming for nine months, since they got rid of Seymour exactly for the purpose of having enough money to re-sign Wilfork.

Getting Wilfork has ALWAYS been a pipe dream.

Who thought the Bills would get Wilfork? The Pats franchised him, and if they weren't going to re-sign him and were looking to trade him, it WASN'T going to be to a division rival, if even a team in the AFC.

As for the deal, it was a good one for the Patriots. He left a lot of money on the table. And probably pissed-off a lot of franchised NT's.

Who thought the Bills would get Wilfork? The Pats franchised him, and if they weren't going to re-sign him and were looking to trade him, it WASN'T going to be to a division rival, if even a team in the AFC.

As for the deal, it was a good one for the Patriots. He left a lot of money on the table. And probably pissed-off a lot of franchised NT's.

Score another one for the Pats*

I like the way they got rid of Seymour a year early when he had more value. They will be getting a very good draft choice from Oakland next year, probably a top 10. I can't stand them but they have a plan and it usually allows them to draft the best players regardless of position. Their front office has vision and is proactive.

I want to go on record as saying that I have never, ever had a dream of any sort concerning Wilfork.

If you have, I hope you send him the laundry bill.

I must confess I had one...it involved Richie Incognito laying a few cheap shots on him in our first game against the Pats with Incognito on the roster

I must confess I had one...it involved Richie Incognito laying a few cheap shots on him in our first game against the Pats with Incognito on the roster

A better dream would be Wood taking out Wilfork with hard hits and clean shots.