If Seattle trades their

what does that mean for us? A QB "falling", an LT sliding down? This would be a good thing for us if this happens IMO

the word is locally that Broncs want a WR, Dez Bryant most likely. But they'd prob still make that w/ their 2nd original pick 11, and pick Clausen w/ Seattle's. I think if they didnt take a QB there, McDaniels would be run outta town.

(I should clarify, that the fans/media want a WR, totally different than the team of course)

I think it would help us in terms of letting a good LT prospect fall to us since they already have Clady entrenched at left tackle.

Eric Berry could be a real possibility for them since Dawkins is 37 years old and their current SS is 31 and notched only 2 INTs all year.

what does that mean for us? A QB "falling", an LT sliding down? This would be a good thing for us if this happens IMO

I can't see anyone trading a 1st round pick for a talented but troubled receiver who will demand a gigantic contract the year before a possible strike. Any ONE of these negatives (1st round pick, troubled, WR, huge contract, pending strike) would be enough for me as a GM to say "nope".

I'd say such a trade is a non starter.

my 2 cents....

Do you honestly expect Seattle to trade the 6th pick overall for Brandon Marshall? I'd guess you're talking about swapping 6 and 11, which is basically equivalent to a later 2nd round pick. That still may be a bit much for this trouble just waiting to happen type player.

Do you honestly expect Seattle to trade the 6th pick overall for Brandon Marshall? I'd guess you're talking about swapping 6 and 11, which is basically equivalent to a later 2nd round pick. That still may be a bit much for this trouble just waiting to happen type player.

He is only going by what the reports are saying. The reports are saying that Marshall is going to meet with Seattle on saturday. If the seahawks sign him, they HAVE to send their 6th overall pick to the broncos.

in defense of Marshall, he was WAY underpaid, McDaniels tends to stir things up w/ players (a bit immature himself), and marshall was cleared of his legal charges.

That being said, he def has serious red flags, and is quite immature. but I think if he goes to a good team and a coach that could handle him and gets paid well, he'd be ok.

He is only going by what the reports are saying. The reports are saying that Marshall is going to meet with Seattle on saturday. If the seahawks sign him, they HAVE to send their 6th overall pick to the broncos.

Kind of crazy of the Seahawks then. I'd be talking to the Broncos for trading something. Doubt they'd sign him to an offer sheet.

I would say it ill probably be a 2011 1st. I would not trade the 9th overall for him let alone 6th overall. Even 14th is to high with the value of this draft. Just think of the OT and DT you could grab with those picks.

How is it determined if its 6 or 14? Is there a set rule, that is negotiable? I would assume they dont just let one team pick...

PS why not sign AQ instead? Just as good and only want a 3rd for him. I dont get the rational...

When they get him to sign, the Broncos and Seahawks can negotiate on the compensation. Even though they're supposed to take the #6, Denver may want #14 back.

This isn't a trade though, Seattle has to give up their 1st because Denver gave Marshall a 1st round tender. Is that not correct?

This isn't a trade though, Seattle has to give up their 1st because Denver gave Marshall a 1st round tender. Is that not correct?

Correct - it's not a traditional trade, but teams can say "even though I should receive by rule the #6, I won't challenge the contract if you give me the #14". They'd both have to agree and send it to the league.

How is it determined if its 6 or 14? Is there a set rule, that is negotiable? I would assume they dont just let one team pick...

PS why not sign AQ instead? Just as good and only want a 3rd for him. I dont get the rational...

The rule is that when you sign and RFA, you have to give up YOUR pick in the round he was tendered for. Since they acquired #14 through trade, that one is not the automatic pick that gets sent. If you sign an RFA to an offer sheet, you don't have to talk to his former team at all about compensation.

Marshall is way better than Boldin. If goes soemwhere else, he's not going to put up nearly the numbers he does now if he is the only major receiving target. He's not that fast annd I don't think he would consistantly draw double coverage. His value is more in a 1a-1b receiver system. He needs a pass catching TE who can stretch the field or a slot receiver who other teams have to worry about. Just look at how much his loss affected them while he was out (about zip) to see what his true value is.

Seattle Link

Marshall turns 26 this month, and he has caught more than 100 passes in three successive seasons. He is a restricted free agent, though, and while he is eligible to sign an offer sheet with Seattle, the Broncos would then have the option of matching the contract and retaining Marshall or receiving Seattle's own first-round pick — No. 6 overall — as compensation.

It's possible Denver could agree to less compensation for allowing Seattle to acquire Marshall, but that would be up to the Broncos.

Roto

According to the Seattle Times, the Seahawks would send the No. 6 overall pick in the draft to Denver if they signed Brandon Marshall to a restricted free agent offer sheet.

The sides could always work out something different, but the direct offer-sheet compensation would be the 6th pick because Seattle acquired its other first-rounder (No. 14) via trade. It's unclear if the Broncos want to draft that high. The price of rookie contracts in the top-eight is exorbitant.