BLACK FRIDAY

HelloNewman

I feel bad for all retail workers who have to work on Black Friday....before I got a real job I had to work on those days and it was shear hell.....

133546[/snapback]

My wife has worked retail since we met 17 years ago. This is the start of a horrible time for her work-wise.

I'm doing all of my shopping on-line. Paying for shipping is better than putting up with crowds of people!  :w00t:

133675[/snapback]

My wife and I have been doing 98% of our Xmas shopping online since '98. That was a GREAT year -- DVDs, 3 for $1, free stuff with every order, prices of everything were insanely low... And then they all went bankrupt. :(

As Sue said, be careful who you shop from:

http://www.resellerratings.com

CW

you guys have sales after thanksgiving?? do you give presents before thanksgiving then??

sales over here start in january - but more and more start on boxing day... its ugly.

133782[/snapback]

The day after Thanksgiving is called "Black Friday." It's the busiest shopping day of the year and is called Black Friday because it's the start of the time where companies get "back into the black" (as opposed to being in the red).

There's usually decent sales for 3-4 hours after stores open. Recently, most of the deals havn't been all that great (as opposed to years past).

So, no presents before Thanksgiving -- just sales to buy stuff for Xmas.

CW