I am glad we arn't running out signing Free Agents.

yeah we have sucked for 10 years- lets ignore free agency. We have 10+ holes on this team- it would take 3 great drafts to fill all the holes on this team. And that is assuming that our front office does not let our good players walk, like they have done the past 15 years. We have sucked so long for 10 years, what is sucking another 5? Complacency. Brilliant!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that now is not the time to be heavy into free agency as we are a team in total rebuilding mode, but there is a time to use free agency- that time is when you are close but a few players short of being a super-bowl contender.

Some HC's, when taking over a team, prefer to start with rookies because they haven't already been set in their ways and are much easier to mold into the coaches system.

Exactly. If I am Nix I try to move Whitner, Marshawn etal to get more draft picks.

I agree, I'd hate to lose Whitner but this draft is deep at the Bills positions of need and if they could get a 3rd for him I'd do it.

Building through the draft is still to this day the BEST way to build a team, and make no mistake we are rebuilding. We have tossed big money at free agents and have **** to show for it.

I also really don't like this group of free agents. None are a must have in my book including Peppers. I am looking for Nix to do like New England does and find mid tier guys that come in, fit the systems we are running and make this a winning team.

Finally someone on this board who makes sense and I agree with, to many the Ski is Falling in and Lets Pay a Zillion $$$$ for Delomme posters :thumbsup:

Finally someone on this board who makes sense and I agree with, to many the Ski is Falling in and Lets Pay a Zillion $$$$ for Delomme posters :wallbash:

I know a guy who was bonked on the noggin by a falling ski. It's traumatized him deeply. Maybe he should sue for a Zillion $$$$$ :thumbsup:

How many players on the Colts played for another team?

I don't remember the exact number, but it is single digits, and one of them is Vinaterri.

They seem to be pretty competitive.

Washington is constantly going through another big change, because they spend a ton of cash on aging players in FA, and it never seems to work out.

Players that are truly invaluable to their teams never hit free-agency. Ones that do are guys that are not worth the asinine amount of money they are going to demand.

Wow, that is a stupid post. The Colts have Peyton Manning. They don't have to bring in a bunch of free agents when they have one of the top 5 QB's of all time. When our team has been just putrid for the past decade you do whatever it takes to get better in a hurry. Free agents, drafting better, trades, CFL, it doesn't matter. You have to clean house and start fresh. And if that includes vets over 30 so be it.

Wow, that is a stupid post. The Colts have Peyton Manning. They don't have to bring in a bunch of free agents when they have one of the top 5 QB's of all time. When our team has been just putrid for the past decade you do whatever it takes to get better in a hurry. Free agents, drafting better, trades, CFL, it doesn't matter. You have to clean house and start fresh. And if that includes vets over 30 so be it.

It's not stupid. Austin Collie and Piere Garccon? Polian just has a way of DRAFTING to keep plugging guys into the system.

yeah we have sucked for 10 years- lets ignore free agency. We have 10+ holes on this team- it would take 3 great drafts to fill all the holes on this team. And that is assuming that our front office does not let our good players walk, like they have done the past 15 years. We have sucked so long for 10 years, what is sucking another 5? Complacency. Brilliant!

Um the last 10 years we have went out and spent a TON on Free agency...and have sucked....as have the Redskins. DRAFTING is the wayt to go

Building through the draft is still to this day the BEST way to build a team, and make no mistake we are rebuilding. We have tossed big money at free agents and have **** to show for it.

I also really don't like this group of free agents. None are a must have in my book including Peppers. I am looking for Nix to do like New England does and find mid tier guys that come in, fit the systems we are running and make this a winning team.

You can't build a winning team through just free agency or just the draft, you have to use both avenues. There isn't a championship team over the past decade that hasn't used both. For Ralph to say you can build a team through free agency, translated to: I am not spending money on free agents, means we are in for several more years of the same losing, if not longer. It is a good thing the Bills have the loyalist fans in football otherwise the stadium would be empty on sundays if we only wanted a good product.

You can't build a winning team through just free agency or just the draft, you have to use both avenues. There isn't a championship team over the past decade that hasn't used both. For Ralph to say you can build a team through free agency, translated to: I am not spending money on free agents, means we are in for several more years of the same losing, if not longer. It is a good thing the Bills have the loyalist fans in football otherwise the stadium would be empty on sundays if we only wanted a good product.

BS. Ralph has spent in FA for years and what has it got us? NOTHING. DRAFT is the way you build a team. You use free agency to plug a player in here or there.

This FA class flat out sucks. I am hoping that Nix and company know of some mid tier guys that can come in to OUR systems that we are putting in and can help us.

Smart free agency is all about adding players that fit your system and, ideally, that will cost the right amount of money and have at least a full contract to offer a team. The catch for us as fans is that we really don't know what the system we're playing in is - some might say 3-4 defense and that's easy enough, BUT we tendered Keith Ellison. How does he fit into any 3-4 system? Free Agents should fit into the image of the team the coach wants to have and we don't really know what that is yet. Still, I for one will be baffled if they don't sign at least five or six free agents this offseason. We've just got too many holes to fill - unless they plan on bringing in like ten or twenty college free agents...

Um the last 10 years we have went out and spent a TON on Free agency...and have sucked....as have the Redskins. DRAFTING is the wayt to go

bull ****. Spikes, Adams, Fletcher were great free agent signings. I don't fault the TO signing. What other free agent signings did we have? On the other hand- Maybin, Williams, JP, etc were awful draft picks. We need to learn to draft BPA, and we need free agent signings. Until we have both- this team will be mediocre at best. I don't know about you, but I hate losing. This franchise is pathetic. Hopefully Nix can right it. But I won't believe that until I see it

It's not stupid. Austin Collie and Piere Garccon? Polian just has a way of DRAFTING to keep plugging guys into the system.

And you don't think that the system is PEYTON MANNING? Lee Evans and anyone else we have would thrive with Peyton as well.

Other than Dockery and Walker to whom would you be referring. And don't say T.O., he played one yr and was our most productive receiver.

ya they don't need the help since they've won the super bowl for the last 10 years

So were just suposed to go out and jump at every player that hits the free agency market? I would bet that more than half of the players don't even know Buffalo has a team. Nix has a good history of building throught the draft. I'm ok with that. :thumbsup:

How many players on the Colts played for another team?

I don't remember the exact number, but it is single digits, and one of them is Vinaterri.

They seem to be pretty competitive.

Washington is constantly going through another big change, because they spend a ton of cash on aging players in FA, and it never seems to work out.

Players that are truly invaluable to their teams never hit free-agency. Ones that do are guys that are not worth the asinine amount of money they are going to demand.

The Colts are a bad example, because they have Bill Polian, we don't have anything close to a pimple on Polian's butt in our front office. The Bills have had a few bad FA signings, but we have had alot more misses in the draft than through free agency.

I think there is a large mis-interpretation of what people are asking for here. It's not an all or nothing situation where you either only build your team through FA or the draft. I think FA needs to be used for as a stop-gap.

Yes, we need two OT's and maybe FA won't bring us our long term solution. We know that the Draft will bring in players, but they usually take a few years and you can completely miss on some of these guys. What I want to see is bring in a serviceable FA, draft an OT, and be competitive now while the rookie steps up. What is wrong with this concept?

If we only go through the draft, we have atleast 5 years before we see the team we want. That's 3 years of drafts, and two years for each player to get their act together.

Smart free agency is all about adding players that fit your system and, ideally, that will cost the right amount of money and have at least a full contract to offer a team. The catch for us as fans is that we really don't know what the system we're playing in is - some might say 3-4 defense and that's easy enough, BUT we tendered Keith Ellison. How does he fit into any 3-4 system? Free Agents should fit into the image of the team the coach wants to have and we don't really know what that is yet. Still, I for one will be baffled if they don't sign at least five or six free agents this offseason. We've just got too many holes to fill - unless they plan on bringing in like ten or twenty college free agents...

What he said! :thumbsup:

bull ****. Spikes, Adams, Fletcher were great free agent signings. I don't fault the TO signing. What other free agent signings did we have? On the other hand- Maybin, Williams, JP, etc were awful draft picks. We need to learn to draft BPA, and we need free agent signings. Until we have both- this team will be mediocre at best. I don't know about you, but I hate losing. This franchise is pathetic. Hopefully Nix can right it. But I won't believe that until I see it

You can determine that Maybin sucks after one year especially after he was deemed a project with huge upside?

So were just suposed to go out and jump at every player that hits the free agency market? I would bet that more than half of the players don't even know Buffalo has a team. Nix has a good history of building throught the draft. I'm ok with that. :wallbash:

What he said. :w00t: