Not your typical Whitner thread

I don't want to gossip about whether I like him or not or whether he's good or sucks, but from a logistical standpoint- with the Bills re-signing Scott and (I'm sure) Wilson, that makes four at least starting caliber safeties on our roster. I gotta imagine they're looking to trade Whitner at this point. I'd be thrilled if they could get a starter at another position or a second rounder for him. Thoughts?

I don't want to gossip about whether I like him or not or whether he's good or sucks, but from a logistical standpoint- with the Bills re-signing Scott and (I'm sure) Wilson, that makes four at least starting caliber safeties on our roster. I gotta imagine they're looking to trade Whitner at this point. I'd be thrilled if they could get a starter at another position or a second rounder for him. Thoughts?

2nd rounder sounds too high.....I'd take it though....

You need at least 4 safeties. Plus WHitner can cover if you need him to. That being said. I don't care what they do with him. He hasn't done enough for me to care.

Obviously you need at least 4 guys who play the position of safety on your roster. You do not need 4 guys who are fully capable of starting on your roster when you are seriously depleted at other positions.

Although I believe Whitner is the best guy on the roster to play SS, if a trade allowed us to strengthen a weak area or add a solid draft pick, I'd do it. Yes, like it or not Whitner IS better than the God Bryan Scott and George Wilson, but it's not a huge dropoff. Get ready, here comes some brilliant "dude sucks" and "he's a bust" responses.

Although I believe Whitner is the best guy on the roster to play SS, if a trade allowed us to strengthen a weak area or add a solid draft pick, I'd do it. Yes, like it or not Whitner IS better than the God Bryan Scott and George Wilson, but it's not a huge dropoff. Get ready, here comes some brilliant "dude sucks" and "he's a bust" responses.

Agree 100%. People still p hurt because Whitner was #8 5 years ago. He's a solid player and Wilson stepping up is a huge and pleasant surprise. But I'm all for making the team better and Whitner has the most value of any of our safetys around the league. I'm all for trading him if the price is right.

With Jauron in Philly, I won't be surprised if they make a move for him. He'd be a good fit there.

Trade him for Jim Leonard straight up.