Joey Porter

There is no reason in the world that Buffalo should not make a serious push for Porter.

He fills a huge hole at outside LB.

Isn't going to break the bank.

He would be a great teacher for Maybin.

And what I think is most important he would bring an attitude to this defense that we have been lacking for a long time.

Plus I bet he would love the chance to play Miami twice a year.

Thoughts on why we wouldnt seriosuly go after this guy?

LOLB- Porter

LILB - Poz/Mitchell

RILB - Rolando McClain

ROLB - Maybin

I'd be ok if this was our LB corps for this year

I like McClain too, but I don't see that happening.

As for Porter, I think he would be a good short term solution (how old is he?) and might be valuable as a mentor like you said. I have no idea how much he would cost though.

With Maybin getting moved to a brand new position he needs a veteren that will teach him how to play the game. Not only on the field but off. Porter is a physical monster and does his homework. With him in Maybin's ear 24/7 about getting in the gym and film room Maybin might learn how to play in this league.

Plus I love his attitude... wouldnt it be sweet to finally see someone in a Bills uni jaw jacking with Wilfork or Brady at the 50 yard line before a game. It would jack me up if I was on his team.

With Maybin getting moved to a brand new position he needs a veteren that will teach him how to play the game. Not only on the field but off. Porter is a physical monster and does his homework. With him in Maybin's ear 24/7 about getting in the gym and film room Maybin might learn how to play in this league.

Plus I love his attitude... wouldnt it be sweet to finally see someone in a Bills uni jaw jacking with Wilfork or Brady at the 50 yard line before a game. It would jack me up if I was on his team.

I'm not sure we want Porter to be the one who is showing Maybin anything off the field.

I like McClain too, but I don't see that happening.

As for Porter, I think he would be a good short term solution (how old is he?) and might be valuable as a mentor like you said. I have no idea how much he would cost though.

Agreed. If we stay at #9 and don't trade down then there is no way we pick McClain. Too many other holes.

I think we have a good chance to get Porter. His LB coach is our D-coordinator and he would love to stick it to Miami twice a year. The omly thing is that he could do that with the NE as well. The jets are limited as to what they can do-final four.

ROLB-Schobel

ILB-Poz

ILB-Mitchell I guess

LOLB-Porter

Wether anyone wants to admit it or not those are two of the better pass rushers in the NFL at OLB and If Stroud and Johnson are as good at 3-4 DE as I suspect they will be all we need is a big fat NT and we are pretty scary. I would not cry if we upgraded Mitchell.

maybe 5 years ago..

Yup, this is the key point.

Porter is 32. By the time we are ready to compete for a title, he'll have lost a step, and without that extra step, he's ordinary. Bad idea. We need players who will still be here and good in 2 - 5 years.