Kevin Mawae?

I was watching NFL Live last night (admittedly I was half asleep) but I could have sworn I heard them say that Mawae is going to be a free agent.

I realize the guy is as old as Ralph but he's not injury prone and he's a damn good center. If Wood comes back he could move to guard. That would allow Levitre to move to tackle which was his college postion. Resign Incognito, draft an OT and at least we'd have a starting OL again.

Thoughts?

I was watching NFL Live last night (admittedly I was half asleep) but I could have sworn I heard them say that Mawae is going to be a free agent.

I realize the guy is as old as Ralph but he's not injury prone and he's a damn good center. If Wood comes back he could move to guard. That would allow Levitre to move to tackle which was his college postion. Resign Incognito, draft an OT and at least we'd have a starting OL again.

Thoughts?

So now you're implying that Ralph IS injury prone and WOULDN'T make a good center?

Is there no end to the abuse Mr. Wilson takes around here?

GO BILLS!!!

If the long term plan is still to move Woods to center, then while this this may help short term would hurt long term. So I'd not be in favor of it. On the other hand if you want to sign a tackle, go for it as there isn't necessarily one ready to step in right now.

Thoughts?

So is Brett Favre, would you like to add him to our roster?

Yes Mawae is old but he's as good as anyone we have on our roster right now and would be cheap.

\

Farve didn't bend his knees at an acute angle and blast into a 300 pound-plus body every play of a game. We need to play young guys and let them grow into a line that will be together for a many years. Signing an old, albeit "serviceable" player, would just delay the growth and cohesion we need for our future O line.

Thoughts?

How can Wood move to guard when he is a guard?