Stimulus is creating jobs...in China!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You talk like this country has never spent billions of dollars that we don't have before.

No. I was making sure I understood your line of thinking; unintended consequences of spending billions we don't have are okay while unintended consequences for not spending are bad.

Well .. ya. Just about every president over the last 40 years. But.. while we're here.. you said it, not me.

And I complained when Bush did it too.

I'm not a Republican, moron. And Bush was fiscally irresponsible.

And I complained when Bush did it too.

I'm not a Republican, moron. And Bush was fiscally irresponsible.

Yes, You (and a few others like AD) ocasionally bashed the previous administration for it's out of control spending. But the majority of the current loud anti spending voices were saying things like "Deficits don't matter" or "When measured against the GNP the deficit is really smaller than it appears" and my personal favorite "The war in Iraq will pay for itself" not long ago.

The fact that the loudest deficit hawks on this board were loudly and stridently singing a vastly different tune just two short years ago makes it much harder to take their current position seriously.

Add the fact that one of the loudest of those voices told everyone on the board what he was going to do after the election; change positions and make more noise than the "Liberals" did bashing Bush. He wasn't lying, he's doing just what he said he would, complaining loudly and stridently about everything he defended when Bush was in office.

And they wonder why I read and laugh, and laugh, and laugh...

The fact that the loudest deficit hawks on this board were loudly and stridently singing a vastly different tune just two short years ago makes it much harder to take their current position seriously.

Two short years ago people had jobs.

And that has ****-all to do with who's in the White House.

Working people are happier people. More to the point, as we've discussed before, if the economy was fine, fewer people would be batschit looney about the incompetence of this administration.

Working people are happier people. More to the point, as we've discussed before, if the economy was fine, fewer people would be batschit looney about the incompetence of this administration.

So in your opinion everything was fine with the economy until the current administration took office and then it just tanked for no apparent reason (other than Obama being elected)?

Cuz that's what it sounds like you're saying...

pBills has a chronic problem with verbal diarrhea. He just opens his mouth and all sorts of crap spews out that he has absolutely no control over.

You better have a Hazmat suit on if you're going to wade into a conversation with him.

LOL!!!!!!!

So in your opinion everything was fine with the economy until the current administration took office and then it just tanked for no apparent reason (other than Obama being elected)?

That's exactly what 99% of the people here say. Of course, it all comes with some sort of comment about Obama running on the campaign slogan "CHANGE". Of course every one here is an independent too, either that or they are to embarrassed to admit it.

That's exactly what 99% of the people here say.

Prove it.

Of course, it all comes with some sort of comment about Obama running on the campaign slogan "CHANGE".

Truth hurts.

Of course every one here is an independent too, either that or they are to embarrassed to admit it.

Not being a Democrat or believing in much of what they stand for doesn't make anyone a Republican.

That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is that when people are working and the economy is at least perceived to be on solid ground, government spending is not on everyone's mind. Not the case when unemployment is at almost 10% with no real relief in sight, and all people see is health care and spending while asking "where are the jobs?"

It goes back to what has perplexed me with this administration; they pinned their unemployment plan on stimulus, which was stupid, and then did nothing else while they spent a year focusing on health care. At SOTU, the message was "Jobs are our priority now and we must control spending," followed by attention immediately turned back to health care and more spending.

Crash and burn.

That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is that when people are working and the economy is at least perceived to be on solid ground, government spending is not on everyone's mind. Not the case when unemployment is at almost 10% with no real relief in sight, and all people see is health care and spending while asking "where are the jobs?"

It goes back to what has perplexed me with this administration; they pinned their unemployment plan on stimulus, which was stupid, and then did nothing else while they spent a year focusing on health care. At SOTU, the message was "Jobs are our priority now and we must control spending," followed by attention immediately turned back to health care and more spending.

Crash and burn.

So in your opinion the only time anyone should be concerned with government spending is after the fact. Once the out of control spending (over a period of lets say... 8 years) has done enough damage to cause the economy to "Crash and Burn," then and only then it's time to completely reverse your thinking and start screaming and yelling about it.

And of course, with a new [shudder, shudder] Liberal Administration[/shudder, Shudder] taking the reins and setting their own priorities [which by some strange coincidence differ more than slightly from what you think their priorities should be] it is obviously all them Damm Liberals Fault that the damage wasn't fixed 5 minutes after the new POTUS took office.

Gotcha! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

that the damage wasn't fixed 5 minutes after the new POTUS took office.

Gotcha! :wallbash::w00t:

Not only was it not fixed, he signed a stimulus bill that doubled the deficit.

He promised change and what he has given us is a lot more of the same.

:thumbsup: