Government Out of Control

California Coastal Commission Abusing Power

This is an unbelievable case of government imposing will on people. Permits for picnic tables and BBQ grills on private property because it may cause people to believe the rest of the beach is private? $250k in legal bills for people to put things in their own yard? $6k per day in fines? Hard to believe California is in bad shape given the battle they actually pick to fight.

Gee, I wonder why the intelligent are wary of giving government too much power to "regulate".

<_<

This is an unbelievable case of government imposing will on people. Permits for picnic tables and BBQ grills on private property because it may cause people to believe the rest of the beach is private? $250k in legal bills for people to put things in their own yard? $6k per day in fines? Hard to believe California is in bad shape given the battle they actually pick to fight.

Gee, I wonder why the intelligent are wary of giving government too much power to "regulate".

<_<

That's odd. I keep hearing that people wary of giving the government too much power to regulate aren't intelligent. They're obstructionists.

This state is a mess. An absolute mess. But the good news is there's a great chance Jerry Brown will be our next governor, so things are looking up.

:w00t:

Are we at the "tipping point" yet? Government is becoming more and more insane and is running amok.

Are we at the "tipping point" yet? Government is becoming more and more insane and is running amok.

We are way beyond the tipping point. We are firmly entrenched in an era when the sole purpose of government is to expand and enrich itself.

We are way beyond the tipping point. We are firmly entrenched in an era when the sole purpose of government is to expand and enrich itself.

No, the "tipping point" I was referring to was a gigantic backlash against government control of our lives. Sort of like the original "tea party" and the ensuing activities.

No, the "tipping point" I was referring to was a gigantic backlash against government control of our lives. Sort of like the original "tea party" and the ensuing activities.

Ah. Unfortunately I think we are moving further away from that tipping point since a growing number of people in this country are either a) hopelessly dumb and buying into the notion that someone else should take care of their problems or b) hopefully clueless and can't be bothered with what's happening in the world because they have to go vote for American Idol.