South Park

Dante

As great as their political satire is (Margarittaville explained the Mortgage Meltdown and Market Crash of 2008 better than anyone), they are equally adept at TV/Movie parody

Night of the Living Homeless (Night of the Living Dead)

The Snuke (24)

Over Logging (with references to Grapes of Wrath)

Cartoon Wars I and II (Family Guy)

Simpsons Did It! (The Simpsons)

You Got F'd In The A (You Got Served)

Grey Dawn (Red Dawn)

Red Sleigh Down (Black Hawk Down)

Wacky Molestation Adventure (Children of the Corn)

I think that they are libertarian very you do what you want and I do what I want and we will all be happy. They are very against social conservatives imposing morality on people yet they are very against social liberals telling people what's good for the greater good. They don't seem to adhere to any political ideology or shill for any party.

FAMILY GUY > south park

Fixed! :thumbsup:

they make fun of anything and everything that takes themselves too seriously. gotta love it!!

It seems they take themselves too seriously. Ripping on other shows more popular than theirs smacks of jealousy. In the interview above they seem to take themselves too seriously. I love both shows and I really used to like Trey and Matt but I think they are starting to get big headed. JMO

Fixed! :thumbsup:

It seems they take themselves too seriously. Ripping on other shows more popular than theirs smacks of jealousy. In the interview above they seem to take themselves too seriously. I love both shows and I really used to like Trey and Matt but I think they are starting to get big headed. JMO

I don't think they were ripping Family Guy because they were jealous. I think they just sincerely think it's not funny. Now, I love both shows (although gotta give SP a leg up) but what they were saying about FG in that episode is so true. There's a loose plotline with tons of just completely random stuff thrown in there. There's no deviation from the "formula" in FG. I will say that they do a great job of incorporating pop culture and more obscure literature/theatre references in the show but they all fall in line with the "cutscene format". There's plenty I like about FG and still laugh out loud at it. I think SP is more "intelligent". They can use the same old gross out/fart joke kind of stuff but also take on serious issues. Some episodes of South Park may be "funnier" than others, but often times the ones where I don't laugh out loud a lot will reflect some of the best writing. They're both good shows in their own way but I gotta give it to SP for the overall quality of the writing.