South Park

Dante

Nice little interview. Love the parts in bold. Kinda like going against the grain myself. Guess that why I find them funny.

MARCH 03, 2010

'South Park' duo: We're not conservative (or liberal)

Great interview with Trey Parker and Matt Stone in Huffington Post about the politics of "South Park." Some quotes (with NSFW language):

"It was just lame, that's exactly what we're talking about--people trying to claim the show," said Matt, who in 2005 announced "I hate conservatives, but I really !@#$ing hate liberals." When I asked him about the quote, Trey responded, "It's all based on saying the shocking thing. We used to have a great time going to Hollywood parties and saying 'I think George Bush is doing a great job.' We'd clear out the room. I used to love it."

"I would never want the show to be a Democrat show or Republican show, because for us the show's more important than that. It isn't for everybody else in the world, but it is for us. We don't want you to come to it thinking, 'These guys are going to bash liberals,'" Matt explained.

"I look at it like this," Trey added. "I have a cat, I love my cat and it's like someone coming in and saying, 'Hey, is that cat a Republican or a Democrat?' He's my !@#$ing cat, leave him alone."

"Ripping on Republicans is not that fun for us only because everyone else does it," Matt explained. "It's so much more fun for us to rip on liberals only because nobody else does it, and not because we think liberals are worse than Republicans but, just because..."

"..it's like fresh snow. I mean how're you gonna rip on Sarah Palin in a new way?" Trey pointed out.

I think anyone who really watches the show realizes it is apolitical or perhaps anti-political.

Far right wingnuts may have a problem with it as might some wacko left wingers.

I love South Park and I've seen shows where they rip on liberals (like Rob Reiner) and have found some to be really funny. What I find amusing about all of this is that they seem to have a rather inflated view of the importance of their show. They ripped on Family Guy and I don't think Seth McFarlane is going to tell you his show is important to anyone except those employed by it. JMO

That's part of the reason why I love the show. I don't think most people could comfortably lump themselves as fully liberal or conservative. South Park goes after hypocrisy and ignorance more than they flog a particular agenda.

And it is an important show. It's a piece of intelligent satire that is watched by a couple million people. It's not curing cancer, but it does inspire thought. Since the last (check that: first, last and only) episode of television's most popular comedy (Two and a Half Men) I saw involved Charlie Sheen vomiting on a baby, I'm going to come out and say any show with intelligence and balls, regardless of politics, gets to be called important.

Charlie Sheen vomiting on a baby. people seem to love it......

That's part of the reason why I love the show. I don't think most people could comfortably lump themselves as fully liberal or conservative. South Park goes after hypocrisy and ignorance more than they flog a particular agenda.

And it is an important show. It's a piece of intelligent satire that is watched by a couple million people. It's not curing cancer, but it does inspire thought. Since the last (check that: first, last and only) episode of television's most popular comedy (Two and a Half Men) I saw involved Charlie Sheen vomiting on a baby, I'm going to come out and say any show with intelligence and balls, regardless of politics, gets to be called important.

I'd be willing to bet that a TV set isn't the only place he's done that. <_<

Exactly. I always find that SP mocks those most deserving of it, regardless of political persuasion.

Idiots get baffled because they can't pin Parker/Stone down with the usual lib/con stereotypes.

I love South Park and I've seen shows where they rip on liberals (like Rob Reiner) and have found some to be really funny. What I find amusing about all of this is that they seem to have a rather inflated view of the importance of their show. They ripped on Family Guy and I don't think Seth McFarlane is going to tell you his show is important to anyone except those employed by it. JMO

SOUTH PARK > family guy

SOUTH PARK > family guy

Sout Park is far more intellectual then Family Guy thats for sure.

the Global warming episode is by far my favorite episode. WE DIDNT LISTEN!!!!!

Followed by the episode where Canada goes on strike and no one really cares!!!!

"Im' not your friend, buddy, well im not your buddy, guy..."

South Park is awesome, they rip on everything, have almost no boundaries, and its always funny.

way too many episodes that I could watch over and over, def one of the top 5 shows on tv IMO

Take a look at last week's top 20 rated primtime shows, W/E: 2/28/2010...it's pretty pathetic (except the olympics).

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-niels...amp;PageSize=50

the Global warming episode is by far my favorite episode. WE DIDNT LISTEN!!!!!

Followed by the episode where Canada goes on strike and no one really cares!!!!

Some of their best episodes are the multi-part episodes like Imaginationland (Trilogy) and Go God Go!