Fanball Draft Magazine

Drafttek was asked to prepare a mock draft for Fanball.com, who will be putting out a Draft magazine in April shortly before the NFL Draft. Over the past couple days, we team analysts got together and we produced our entry - listed below. It's a hybrid computerchoice/analystchoice model which largely resembles CMD#19 over on the DraftTek website. The deviations begin with the NY Giants at #15, and of course once there is one little crack in the windshield, chaos ensues.

The guys picking at the end of this draft made comments like "I'm surprised that [Georgia Tech running back] Jonathan Dwyer is still available" Ditto for Jason Pierre-Paul.

For Discussion:

1) Who went too early? (My opinion: Dez Bryant)

2) Who should be in the 1st round but wasn't drafted? (I'll start - Golden Tate)

3) Bad pick? (Pouncey to Houston at #20)

4) Great picks? (Clausen to SEA 1 pick before Cleveland, Bills pick of Bulaga, Miami taking Spiller (grr), Odrick to Dallas)

1 STL Bradford

2 DET Suh

3 TB McCoy

4 WSH Okung

5 KC McClain

6 SEA Clausen

7 CLE Berry

8 OAK Campbell

9 BUF Bulaga

10 JAX Haden

11 DEN Bryant

12 MIA Spiller

13 SF Thomas

14 SEA Charles Brown

15 NYG Dan Williams

16 TEN Dunlap

17 SF Iupati

18 PIT Anthony Davis

19 ATL Morgan

20 HOU Pouncey

21 CIN Gresham

22 NE Graham

23 GB Trent Williams

24 PHI Sapp

25 BAL McCourty

26 ARI Kindle

27 DAL Odrick

28 SD Mathews

29 NYJ Hughes

30 MIN Price

31 IND Dwyer

32 NO Pierre-Paul

Houston could definitely use another RB like Spiller to take some pressure off of Slaton, so I agree with Astrobot that that's a bad move. And I also don't like that Miami gets him :lol:

Bryant probably will go too early...how funny would it be if Oakland took him? :lol: :lol:

Plus, I like that we are getting Bulaga :lol:

Drafttek was asked to prepare a mock draft for Fanball.com, who will be putting out a Draft magazine in April shortly before the NFL Draft. Over the past couple days, we team analysts got together and we produced our entry - listed below. It's a hybrid computerchoice/analystchoice model which largely resembles CMD#19 over on the DraftTek website. The deviations begin with the NY Giants at #15, and of course once there is one little crack in the windshield, chaos ensues.

The guys picking at the end of this draft made comments like "I'm surprised that [Georgia Tech running back] Jonathan Dwyer is still available" Ditto for Jason Pierre-Paul.

For Discussion:

1) Who went too early? (My opinion: Dez Bryant)

2) Who should be in the 1st round but wasn't drafted? (I'll start - Golden Tate)

3) Bad pick? (Pouncey to Houston at #20)

4) Great picks? (Clausen to SEA 1 pick before Cleveland, Bills pick of Bulaga, Miami taking Spiller (grr), Odrick to Dallas)

1 STL Bradford

2 DET Suh

3 TB McCoy

4 WSH Okung

5 KC McClain

6 SEA Clausen

7 CLE Berry

8 OAK Campbell

9 BUF Bulaga

10 JAX Haden

11 DEN Bryant

12 MIA Spiller

13 SF Thomas

14 SEA Charles Brown

15 NYG Dan Williams

16 TEN Dunlap

17 SF Iupati

18 PIT Anthony Davis

19 ATL Morgan

20 HOU Pouncey

21 CIN Gresham

22 NE Graham

23 GB Trent Williams

24 PHI Sapp

25 BAL McCourty

26 ARI Kindle

27 DAL Odrick

28 SD Mathews

29 NYJ Hughes

30 MIN Price

31 IND Dwyer

32 NO Pierre-Paul

1) McClain...I just don't think he's a top-10 talent, and I also think that there isn't a huge dropoff between him and a guy like Washington's Donald Butler in terms of their eventual NFL productivity (you'll probably get a lot of people saying Campbell, but I also believe that'll happen...I even posted it earlier today)

2) Tate for sure, but also Butler (see #1)...he's my #1 ILB.

3) Seattle reaching for Brown at 14 is bad IMO, but so too would be Indy drafting Dwyer at 31 when they'll have the combo of Addai and Donald Brown for at least the next year (maybe 2)

4) Arizona getting Kindle at 26 would be an absolute coup. He's a top-15 talent IMO.

How is that a bad pick, guys like him more than Wood last year and some like him more than Mack.

Pierre-Paul is going to be a top 15 pick so they got the best value

Pouncey is late first at best. This is too early. I'll say Dallas at #27 at the earliest and RD2#5 to Washington at the latest. RD2#1 to St. Louis has been a popular spot.

Agree with Pierre-Paul to a 4-3 team would be the best value at that pick, especially if matched with team needs. <_<

Leave it to Oakland to take Campbell over Bulaga. (assuming that bruce campbell)

Works for me tho!

Uncle Al Davis likes shiny objects, don't he?!

Another draft I've seen has him choosing Dez Bryant here. With Al ahead of us, anything is possible. Here's one: Imagine having at #9 the choice of

Clausen

Morgan, Derrick - DE - Georgia Tech

Bryant, Dez - WR - Oklahoma St.

Mcclain, Rolando - ILB - Alabama

Bulaga, Bryan - T - Iowa

Increidble!

Bulaga may be the best option for us. He is the most polished and ready LT in the draft. As of right now we dont have a stop gap guy to fill in at LT for a year while our future prospect gets polished at RT. We need him to come in at LT and solidify the position from day one.

Bulaga may be the best option for us. He is the most polished and ready LT in the draft. As of right now we dont have a stop gap guy to fill in at LT for a year while our future prospect gets polished at RT. We need him to come in at LT and solidify the position from day one.

Fully agree;

Bulaga is the most NFL-ready.

Campbell is the young physical phenom with impressive combine who "could" be the next Jason Smith. Sound like Maybin?

Davis has the weight, power, arm width but is more raw than Bulaga--possibly more upside.

I suspect at worst 1 of these 3 will be there at #9.

Fully agree;

Bulaga is the most NFL-ready.

Campbell is the young physical phenom with impressive combine who "could" be the next Jason Smith. Sound like Maybin?

Davis has the weight, power, arm width but is more raw than Bulaga--possibly more upside.

I suspect at worst 1 of these 3 will be there at #9.

I love this analysis. I think the Bills need the guy who will be an immediate impact, which is Bulaga. Anyone of them has a good shot of being a good LT, but if we get our choice, I would want Bulaga.

How is that a bad pick, guys like him more than Wood last year and some like him more than Mack.

Pierre-Paul is going to be a top 15 pick so they got the best value

IS GOING TO BE.... lol