Little Help from the folks in So Cal

plenzmd1

Heading to SoCal for a few days starting Friday. Need some specific help on two subjets

1) Folks who I am staying with asked what kind of beer I would like. I have been really getting into the hoppy IPAs lately, and Dogfish 60 has been my goto beer for the last 5 months or so, but have enjoyed the Southern Tier and Troegs Nugget Nectar as well. S

so, any suggestions on a CA Microbrew, that is somewhat readily available in a normal grocery store in LA? Like Sierra as well, but would love to try some differant beers while I am out there.

2) In San Diego for the weekend, we are thinking of going to Hodads for a burger for Saturday lunch.http://www.hodadies.com/

Any locals tell me if

1) the hype is correct..is this really the best burger in the country???

2) the wait will be over 40 minutes or so on a Saturday morning about 11.30? BTW, we will have 4 kids with us between 7-10, so sitting at the bar and getting tanked that early in the day not really an option.

Heading to SoCal for a few days starting Friday. Need some specific help on two subjets

1) Folks who I am staying with asked what kind of beer I would like. I have been really getting into the hoppy IPAs lately, and Dogfish 60 has been my goto beer for the last 5 months or so, but have enjoyed the Southern Tier and Troegs Nugget Nectar as well. S

so, any suggestions on a CA Microbrew, that is somewhat readily available in a normal grocery store in LA? Like Sierra as well, but would love to try some differant beers while I am out there.

2) In San Diego for the weekend, we are thinking of going to Hodads for a burger for Saturday lunch.http://www.hodadies.com/

Any locals tell me if

1) the hype is correct..is this really the best burger in the country???

2) the wait will be over 40 minutes or so on a Saturday morning about 11.30? BTW, we will have 4 kids with us between 7-10, so sitting at the bar and getting tanked that early in the day not really an option.

As for question #1- I recommend Arrogant Bastard Ale by Stone Brewing up in Escondido. Good Stuff!

Regarding a good burger- save yourself the wait and a few dollars and just go to In and Out Burger. They have great food at a reasonable price and the time you save waiting for a burger you can spend touring the area.

That's my $.02. Either way, enjoy your visit!

As for question #1- I recommend Arrogant Bastard Ale by Stone Brewing up in Escondido. Good Stuff!

Regarding a good burger- save yourself the wait and a few dollars and just go to In and Out Burger. They have great food at a reasonable price and the time you save waiting for a burger you can spend touring the area.

That's my $.02. Either way, enjoy your visit!

Thx Fast..I have heard of the Arrogant Bastard..think you can get that in a Ralphs like store?

In terms of In and Out..that be a no brainer..BTW, I am an Animal style guy!!!