Czarnecki: Possible Bills tradeup to Lions is for a QB!!

These wild rumors are just going to get worse and worse. I am willing to bet both Bradford and Clausen will be there at 9.

I'll take that bet... Put your money where your mouth is. You have paypal?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take that bet... Put your money where your mouth is. You have paypal?

I'll take it too. Name me the last time a QB wasn't taken in the first 9 picks?

Edit: just looked. 2000. A very weak QB class with the exception of Brady and arguably Bulger (non of which were EVER thought to be Day 1 prospects.

Everyone is saying Bradford isn't worth taking. But literally every single person on this board would have drafted him above Stafford last year.

It just doesn't add up. The kid is a great player. Will he be a top 5 QB in 3 years? Doubtful. But can he perform as well (if not better) than someone like Matt Ryan? I don't see why not.

I disagree, i thought Stafford was more pro ready then Bradford. Stafford can make any throw on the field and I just dont think bradford can.

These wild rumors are just going to get worse and worse. I am willing to bet both Bradford and Clausen will be there at 9.

I will save your post, and "bet" you nothing that both will be gone by #9. The only payoff will be the "I told you so" post from whichever one of us ends up being right, unless only 1 of them is left at #9, of course.

Another dream scenario for the Bills. All it will take is one or two teasm to do something a little crazy. Dez Bryant in the top 8 or a pass rushing DE/LB out of nowhere could easily happen. If there are two QB's there will be somone who wants one of them and they can trade down. If Berry and Clausen are there trade down will happen.

Trade down if at all possible especially if all 4 OT are gone.

simply out of control. to move up to #2 from #9 will require our 1st, 2nd, and next year's 1st..easily. No way. We've got more holes than swiss cheese and can't afford to give up that many picks.

I agree with you. We have a lot of positions to fill. If the quarterback that we want drops down to #9, which is highly unlikely, than maybe we'll get the quarterback we want there. Otherwise, I really could not see this trade happening.

I agree with you. We have a lot of positions to fill. If the quarterback that we want drops down to #9, which is highly unlikely, than maybe we'll get the quarterback we want there. Otherwise, I really could not see this trade happening.

If Bills sign an LT on Friday, you might think very differently about this.

I agree with your premise in principle. The top several players in the draft will go in the top several picks. As of now, unless something major changes, that top group consists of (in no particular order):

Sam Bradford - QB/Oklahoma

Jimmy Clausen - QB/Notre Dame

Russell Okung - OT/Oklahoma State

Brian Bulaga - OT/Iowa

Ndamukong Suh - DT/Nebraska

Gerald McCoy - DT/Oklahoma

Eric Berry - S/Tennessee

7 players total, all will very likely be gone in the top 7 picks. So the right way to look at it, IMO, is to pick the best players from the remaining crop and take the one you feel can help you the most at #9. Of course, that all is predicated upon Oakland not taking your guy (and I'll go on the record as saying that I have a funny feeling about the Raiders pulling a deja vu maneuver and picking a Maryland Terrapin--OT Bruce Campbell--in the top 10 for the 2nd consecutive year when nobody expects it).

So the question I'm asking is: who would Buffalo pick under this scenario? My preferred player would be Sergio Kindle - LB/Texas, who can play rush LB and make an immediate impact on the defensive side of the ball, but I have a feeling that the team would take Anthony Davis - OT/Rutgers instead.

Just my 1 cent.

Davis can easily be a bust

simply out of control. to move up to #2 from #9 will require our 1st, 2nd, and next year's 1st..easily. No way. We've got more holes than swiss cheese and can't afford to give up that many picks.

no, i'm perfectly sane. look at the value chart for picks. THE 2nd overall pick is worth 2600 points.

our 9th pick is worth 1350. our 2nd pick is worth 490. our 4th pick is worth 84 points.

I also may be wrong, but next year's 2nd would automatically be of less value than this year's second. DO THE MATH.

I've often invoked the draft trade chart. I've provided the link for it on around a dozen occasions.

It is a starting point. It is deviated from.

It's probably instructive to examine the trade last year between the Jets and the Browns.

"To acquire Sanchez, the Jets traded their first- and second-round choices (17 and 52), plus three marginal players - defensive end Kenyon Coleman, quarterback Brett Ratliff and safety Abram Elam."

Keep in mind that that Mangini coached the Jets the year before and liked the 3 players he was bringing to Cleveland.

So here's the math: Cleveland's pick #5 (1700 points). Jets' picks at #17 and #52 (950+170=1120 points). Difference is 580 points which was satisfied by the inclusion of Coleman, Ratliff, and Elam.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft...ft-trade-chart/