Czarnecki: Possible Bills tradeup to Lions is for a QB!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/czar-nf...e-rumors-030210

"2. No Lion! Detroit wants to deal

The Lions, who pick second in the first round, have their fingers crossed that the Rams don’t pick a quarterback so they can trade down with either Cleveland or Buffalo, who apparently are in the quarterback market. The thought process is that new Browns czar Mike Holmgren won’t want to lose his favorite quarterback to Washington and new coach Mike Shanahan. The Redskins are perched at No. 4, three spots ahead of the Browns. The Lions really don’t want to spend $33 million in bonus money on a defensive tackle."

Just sayin'.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These wild rumors are just going to get worse and worse. I am willing to bet both Bradford and Clausen will be there at 9.

Yeah, why wouldn't you...? It's a win win for you...IF you're right you can brag about it and say "I told you so" like a little girl, and if you're wrong, you can play dumbb with a "What do I know?" So, instead of posting this lame response, why don't you back it up with some substance and insight as to why you believe the Rams, Washington, Seattle, Cleveland and possibly the Raiders will ALL PASS on a QB? <_<

The Lions, who pick second in the first round, have their fingers crossed that the Rams don't pick a quarterback so they can trade down with either Cleveland or Buffalo, who apparently are in the quarterback market. The thought process is that new Browns czar Mike Holmgren won't want to lose his favorite quarterback to Washington and new coach Mike Shanahan. The Redskins are perched at No. 4, three spots ahead of the Browns. The Lions really don't want to spend $33 million in bonus money on a defensive tackle."

Just sayin'.

Zero interest. If anything, I'd trade down from #9 and get more picks. Draft picks are a crapshoot--the more picks, the better your chances of getting a good player. See NE Patriots.

simply out of control. to move up to #2 from #9 will require our 1st, 2nd, and next year's 1st..easily. No way. We've got more holes than swiss cheese and can't afford to give up that many picks.

No way would it require next year's first, you're crazy. In addition to our first and second this year, maybe a 4th or maybe next year's 2nd.

Zero interest. If anything, I'd trade down from #9 and get more picks. Draft picks are a crapshoot--the more picks, the better your chances of getting a good player. See NE Patriots.

gotta agree with JA here.

I agree. We have so many holes, we need to add draft picks, not subtract.

Yeah, why wouldn't you...? It's a win win for you...IF you're right you can brag about it and say "I told you so" like a little girl, and if you're wrong, you can play dumbb with a "What do I know?" So, instead of posting this lame response, why don't you back it up with some substance and insight as to why you believe the Rams, Washington, Seattle, Cleveland and possibly the Raiders will ALL PASS on a QB? <_<

Ok GM, here is my response:

Rams- Yes they could use a QB but Spagnola is a defensive minded coach first and suring up that D with SUh is too good to pass up.

Washington- Their OL is probably worse than ours and putting a rookie QB behind it would be career suicide, plus Campbell can obviously play behind it.

Seattle- With Walter Jones all but done, they will be reaching for another OT to protect the beaten Hassleback

Cleveland- Brady Quinn is the Qb, enough said.

Raiders- Too much invested in Russel at this point. They liked what they saw from Gradkowski if you can believe it.

The Lions, who pick second in the first round, have their fingers crossed that the Rams don’t pick a quarterback so they can trade down with either Cleveland or Buffalo, who apparently are in the quarterback market. The thought process is that new Browns czar Mike Holmgren won’t want to lose his favorite quarterback to Washington and new coach Mike Shanahan. The Redskins are perched at No. 4, three spots ahead of the Browns. The Lions really don’t want to spend $33 million in bonus money on a defensive tackle."

Just sayin'.

Speculative sensationalist poop!

Just sayin'.

Not sure if that would ever happen. Ralph doesn't want to pay what the #9 will demand much less the #2, but if the Bills were to ever trade up it would only be if they wanted to take Clausen or Bradford.

No way would it require next year's first, you're crazy. In addition to our first and second this year, maybe a 4th or maybe next year's 2nd.

no, i'm perfectly sane. look at the value chart for picks. THE 2nd overall pick is worth 2600 points.

our 9th pick is worth 1350. our 2nd pick is worth 490. our 4th pick is worth 84 points.

I also may be wrong, but next year's 2nd would automatically be of less value than this year's second. DO THE MATH.

simply out of control. to move up to #2 from #9 will require our 1st, 2nd, and next year's 1st..easily. No way. We've got more holes than swiss cheese and can't afford to give up that many picks.

Give up our first and second round pick and possibly more to get a qb who is injured and would probably go in the late first or early second round in any other draft? Wow...the present coaching and front office would be a "stop-gap" crew if they did that. I'd be missing Tom Donohue...hell I'd be missing Hank Bullough and Kaye Stephenson!!!!