This one's for you John Adams

Nope, it's more cultural than anything else. When I was waiting on tables back in college, we would get some of the professional football players to come to the restaurant or some of the hip hop "moguls" and they still wouldn't tip worth a ****.

So, I'm not buying the "poor" excuse.

Unless you're a stripper. In that case, they're throwing money at your behind...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black people are also notoriously late to EVERYTHING. Invite them to something and they wont show up for two hours after the start of the event.

Im just sayin'

I think it's more of a Carribean thing than a black thing.

No, it's a black thing. Next time you see one of your black buddies, tell him you want to meet him at 8:00 CPT (color people time). He'll know what ypou mean.

Or just tell him a crowd is beating down an innocent white person. Then he'll be on time.

I think it's more of a Carribean thing than a black thing.

Dead balls accurate...the folks Im talking about.....quite a few....are all Jamaican.

Funny though, we invite them for dinner or to a family thing like a Christening and the first question always is "We on black people time or white people time for this?"

Point of all this...labeling the practice of pointing out benign cultural differences as somehow "racist" is pretty !@#$ing stupid.

Dead balls accurate...the folks Im talking about.....quite a few....are all Jamaican.

Funny though, we invite them for dinner or to a family thing like a Christening and the first question always is "We on black people time or white people time for this?"

Point of all this...labeling the practice of pointing out benign cultural differences as somehow "racist" is pretty !@#$ing stupid.

When I spent a semester in Cape Town, we called it, "Africa Time," meaning expect everyone to be 30 minutes to an hour late. Although, the white South Africans were always late too...

Unless you're a stripper. In that case, they're throwing money at your behind...

Good of you to provide an opposite example. In most clubs, black strippers are tipped much less than their white counterparts. Again, cultural preferences.

Have you ever seen a rap video?

I love rap videos...they are ALL the same....

A) FLASH the CASH

B) Flash the whip (car)

C) Flash the booty

Rinse repeat.

The bands and producers KNOW the "formula" for their success and DONT try to change a good thing, like WHITE PEOPLE LOVE to do.

I love rap videos...they are ALL the same....

A) FLASH the CASH

B) Flash the whip (car)

C) Flash the booty

Rinse repeat.

The bands and producers KNOW the "formula" for their success and DONT try to change a good thing, like WHITE PEOPLE LOVE to do.

White people love the diverse array of music produced by American Idol.