Taylor Mays...

Hmmm...you just said you dont watch him play, only his highlights. Well, you could make a highlight real of just about any player to make him look good by highlighting a couple plays all the while ignoring all the dozens of plays he blew it on. Basing your entire point on some highlights is pretty a pretty weak reason to vault him over the 2nd best player in this entire draft. Mays will be a good pick for someone as the 3rd S to come off the board, but any GM who chose him over Berry should immediately lose their job.

Second, all the scouts, you know the people who make a living watching these guys play, studying tape, etc. all have Mays ranked about 3 or some even as low as 4 amongst the other safeties in the draft. Yet, somehow you want us to draft him ahead of what scouts and GM's feel is a top 3 players period in this draft?

Third, you want to take Mays over Berry because Mays comes from USC and Berry comes from Tenn? Its hard to choose because all these points are pretty dumb, but that might be the dumbest argument you have made about Mays.

I ask again, Al Davis is that you?

Berry is the man. Already coached up by Monte and will be gone early. Most experts though have Mays going in the mid first round. So probably he is the third best safety in the draft, Mays will live or die in the N.F.L. by laying some wood. If he can learn proper technique there won't be alot of catches over the middle against this guy.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor Mays is STILL a man amongst boys. Dude has a 41' vert and ran the 40 in 4.24 (unofficial), 4.43 (officially).

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/02/not-record...l-sets-db-pace/

I would much rather have him than Eric Berry. Mays is the second coming of Sean Taylor. He could be a serious force in the defensive backfield with Jairus Byrd. I would love to have Byrd - Mays, as our safeties for the next 10 years.

Not to mention...the kid can seriously lay the wood on opposing receivers...and I would LOVE to have somebody that would take Randy Moss' head off as he came across the middle. <_<

I will NOT be surprised if he goes before Eric Berry.

I don't want to even read the rest of the posts. MAYS IS A FARCE! If the combine were a profession, he's be an all-star. Some great athletes are not great, or even good football players.

Hmmm...you just said you dont watch him play, only his highlights. Well, you could make a highlight real of just about any player to make him look good by highlighting a couple plays all the while ignoring all the dozens of plays he blew it on. Basing your entire point on some highlights is pretty a pretty weak reason to vault him over the 2nd best player in this entire draft. Mays will be a good pick for someone as the 3rd S to come off the board, but any GM who chose him over Berry should immediately lose their job.

Second, all the scouts, you know the people who make a living watching these guys play, studying tape, etc. all have Mays ranked about 3 or some even as low as 4 amongst the other safeties in the draft. Yet, somehow you want us to draft him ahead of what scouts and GM's feel is a top 3 players period in this draft?

Third, you want to take Mays over Berry because Mays comes from USC and Berry comes from Tenn? Its hard to choose because all these points are pretty dumb, but that might be the dumbest argument you have made about Mays.

I ask again, Al Davis is that you?

You are seeing things how you want to see them...

#1 - Show me where I said I "wanted to draft him ahead of what scouts and gms feel is a top 3 players period in this draft?"

I didn't say I wanted to draft him at all, let alone where I would draft him. I simply said that he would make a nice duo with Jairus Byrd...which leads me to point...

#2 - No, go back and read it again.

I want to draft Mays because he is the better fit with Byrd. He would be the Strong Safety, while Byrd was the Free Safety. Eric Berry is going to be a Free Safety...THAT is NOT a NEED for us.

Strong Safety is since everybody wants to jettison Donte Whitner, before giving him a chance in a 3-4 with a new coach.

George Wilson is not going to be anything special, neither is Bryan Scott...if they even get brought back.

Thank you. <_<

Taylor Mays is STILL a man amongst boys. Dude has a 41' vert and ran the 40 in 4.24 (unofficial), 4.43 (officially).

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/02/not-record...l-sets-db-pace/

I would much rather have him than Eric Berry. Mays is the second coming of Sean Taylor. He could be a serious force in the defensive backfield with Jairus Byrd. I would love to have Byrd - Mays, as our safeties for the next 10 years.

Not to mention...the kid can seriously lay the wood on opposing receivers...and I would LOVE to have somebody that would take Randy Moss' head off as he came across the middle. :w00t:

I will NOT be surprised if he goes before Eric Berry.

agreed.... now if he is there at #9 and 4 of the best OL are gone... do we take him??

agreed.... now if he is there at #9 and 4 of the best OL are gone... do we take him??

I think we should trade up for him, even if it involves giving away next years first round pick in the process. Smart teams put their best resources into the secondary, even if there are gaping holes in both lines and a huge problem at the quarterback position.

I think we should trade up for him, even if it involves giving away next years first round pick in the process. Smart teams put their best resources into the secondary, even if there are gaping holes in both lines and a huge problem at the quarterback position.

Who knows maybe he'll be a little better than Whitner and you could stop riding that horse. :w00t:

You are seeing things how you want to see them...

#1 - Show me where I said I "wanted to draft him ahead of what scouts and gms feel is a top 3 players period in this draft?"

I didn't say I wanted to draft him at all, let alone where I would draft him. I simply said that he would make a nice duo with Jairus Byrd...which leads me to point...

#2 - No, go back and read it again.

I want to draft Mays because he is the better fit with Byrd. He would be the Strong Safety, while Byrd was the Free Safety. Eric Berry is going to be a Free Safety...THAT is NOT a NEED for us.

Strong Safety is since everybody wants to jettison Donte Whitner, before giving him a chance in a 3-4 with a new coach.

George Wilson is not going to be anything special, neither is Bryan Scott...if they even get brought back.

Thank you. :w00t:

You said you want to take him over Berry...Berry is considered one of the top 2 or 3 players in the entire draft. A GM would have to be a total fool to take Mays over Berry. Berry can lay the wood too. Thats the reason Berry is rated so high, becaue he is the total package at S...fierce defender, great tackler, exceptional ball skills, exceptional instincts, etc. Mays, is a athletic workout wonder who can lay a good hit, but lacks sorely compared to Berry in every other area.

Want to know the difference...Berry is compared to Ed Reed at the pro level and Mays is compared to Roy Williams at the pro level at best.

Does it mean Mays is a bad prospect, surely not. But at this point, Berry is leaps and bounds above Mays as a total package and to want Mays over him based on talent is just foolish.

If your argument was that you wanted a S and would rather take Mays than Berry because you dont want to use a high pick on a safety at #9 and would love to see Mays slip to us in the second, then fine. But thats not what you are saying...you flat out prefer Mays over Berry which is ludicris at this point. Down the road, who knows what kind of pros they both turn out to be, no one player is ever a lock to be this or that. But based on available film, information, etc. there is no way anyone will ever rate Mays over Berry.

Your an idiot from buffalo! I am from the kingdom of south buffalo I live in riverside ca, now and see every single usc game and they have the junior nfl of defenses research how many of pete caroll's players r in the league u may **** in your pants taylor mays can play free or strong in a 3-4 or 4-3 that forty time solidified him as a top twenty five pick! I would trade up in the first round if we could and have him and the byrd man im just sayin !

For those that don't know, Riverside is in what is known as the Inland Empire or IE. It's where the Sand People live. Like from Star Wars. Which helps explain this post.