GM to Recall 1.3 Million vehicles

GM Recall, 1.3 million vehicles

Steering problems under 15 mph. We will see if they tend to business and the consumer or sweep things under the rug.

Looks like they stepped up. Many laughed at that simpleton stuckincincy when he wanted a return to bench seats, dog dish hubcaps and steel wheels, skinnier tires sans insane high mileage compounding, no power windows or locks and the like, instead of this complexity. Yes...they still laugh...

<_<

Stick around...the Greenie move in the EU towards lead-free solder and the shorting out because of tin dendrite growth, the 1st auto implementation of aluminum wiring (Yaris). The disaster called TPMS. The mandate for US fleet-wide ESC and the need to replace not one or two, but all four tires (I recall your Pacifica AWD problem).

Have you read about Toyota's *latest* oil problem?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100302/ap_on_...as_japan_toyota

When GM starts burying their problems for 20 years and decides to go on the cheap in the name of profits over consumer saftey. That's where.

<_<

That sounds like GM's business model through the past two decades.

Looks like they stepped up. Many laughed at that simpleton stuckincincy when he wanted a return to bench seats, dog dish hubcaps and steel wheels, skinnier tires sans insane high mileage compounding, no power windows or locks and the like, instead of this complexity. Yes...they still laugh...

<_<

Stick around...the Greenie move in the EU towards lead-free solder and the shorting out because of tin dendrite growth, the 1st auto implementation of aluminum wiring (Yaris). The disaster called TPMS. The mandate for US fleet-wide ESC and the need to replace not one or two, but all four tires (I recall your Pacifica AWD problem).

Have you read about Toyota's *latest* oil problem?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100302/ap_on_...as_japan_toyota

Thanks Cincy! Very nice post. See that is my point (red above): "They stepped up."

Something a lot of the Japanese automakers have a hard time doing... Until it is too late and the CEO's are crying tears and asking forgiveness.

And I am not siding with the gov't... True they dragged them in... Because of the shananigans and the arrogance... Not to mention the internal documents that were brought to light. It does take two to tango. The gov't has been manipulated for a long time by Toyota. Yet, gov'ts will always get the last laugh... And rightly so. Again, not solely siding with the "played" (gov't). Things have to shake out and the burden falls more on the "player" (Toyota). That is why they were called in front of big, bad mother (gov't). Sure it is some of her problem... Yet she (gov't) has the ultimate oversight. Maybe we can teach her to be a better parent.

Finally they (Toyota) have play by the same rules as their other siblings (other makers).

This one is also for you Cincy... My Chrysler has almost 60k on it... I just put new tread all the way around about 10k or so ago... Just recently the the ABS light comes on only at 50mph or higher/sustained travel... So I figure it is time to change the pads (I know the ABS light has nothing to do with the pads... But it spurred me to do the brakes)... They were about 90% worn. Now the kicker, everytime I want to read the code and find out what sensor is bad... The ABS is working fine and the light is off! <_<:P

Kinda like the new tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)... In the winter the damn light goes on because the cold makes the pressure drop a few pounds.... YET, it doesn't tell you which freaking tire is low!

Why the heck to they have to complicate things with so many sensors. I am perfectly fine with normal brakes and checking my own tires!

When are the congressional hearings?

Government Motors does not need congressional hearings, I would never buy a GM product, Ford or foreign is the way to go. I figure GM will be gone in the next few years.

Government Motors does not need congressional hearings, I would never buy a GM product, Ford or foreign is the way to go. I figure GM will be gone in the next few years.

Tell us the name of the company you work for, and what they do. That way, we can buy the products and services that your employer offers from a foreign source. Since you feel that foreign is best. Or Ford, with their substantial foreign business - even thought they suffer the double taxation forced on US companies that compete in foreign markets.

Name names, so I can purchase according to your recommendation, and not buy from you. You must offer inferior service or products, of course...

Tell us the name of the company you work for, and what they do. That way, we can buy the products and services that your employer offers from a foreign source. Since you feel that foreign is best. Or Ford, with their substantial foreign business - even thought they suffer the double taxation forced on US companies that compete in foreign markets.

Name names, so I can purchase according to your recommendation, and not buy from you. You must offer inferior service or products, of course...

Better yet,the foreign car lovers could just move. Out of the country.

I spend my money on a product I believe will last longer and be worth my investment. FORD is an American product. As far as buying foreign, , , they make good cars.

If you want to spend your money on a inferior GM product, feel free.

You missed my point on GM being Government Motors.

As far as buying foreign, , , they make good cars.

I've always owned Fords and GMs. Always had good luck with them. My wife had a Toyota when we first got together. It was alright,no better or worse than a domestic. Just alot more expensive to get parts for or have worked on. It met it's end when she was in a minor accident. The car was still completely driveable,but the parts were so expensive the insurance company totaled it. The idea that foreign cars are superior in quality to American cars is a fairy tale,imo.

I spend my money on a product I believe will last longer and be worth my investment. FORD is an American product. As far as buying foreign, , , they make good cars.

If you want to spend your money on a inferior GM product, feel free.

I did. I still own a '98 Chev S-10 2wd 4-cyl chepo. Bought new..I drive it daily. It did have a recall, to replace the wiring harness. There are two types of car owners - those that maintain them like the complex things that they are, and those that wipe their feet off on the rocker boxes. Heard about the most recent Toyota oil problem? nothing like the millions hurt by their cylinder head slude problem, though. They denied it for years, and accused owners over their fundamental design flaw.

I could relate tons to you about GM and their innovations over decades and decades. Your citing FORD is not a justification. I could tell you a lot, but I can't be bothered.

Didn't those cars come with a roll of duct tape in the trunk in case any kids got uppity in the back seat?

Didn't those cars come with a roll of duct tape in the trunk in case any kids got uppity in the back seat?

No. Time was, no adult would be so foolish back then to take any lip or opinion from any kid, long before they put them in a vehicle, so the kids universally kept their snot mouths shut up and so didn't need to be duct taped.

BF, back then, children were actively shielded from the adult world and its' evils. No longer - now we have Columbines...

I hang my head in sorrow about what kids have to deal with today...it's so, so wrong, so, so sad. <_<

GM has had a major issue with transmissions in the trailblazer and do **** for you . I will never buy another GM product.

My Chrysler Town & Country is no different. In 5x over 7 years, including a complete re-build at 35,000 that really helped some but never runs like new. Harsh down shifting is the issue

My son is a tech at a GM dealership. For Trailblazers he does a ton of head gaskets and bearing hubs weekly. Advised me to stay away whne I wanted one

My Chrysler Town & Country is no different. In 5x over 7 years, including a complete re-build at 35,000 that really helped some but never runs like new. Harsh down shifting is the issue

My son is a tech at a GM dealership. For Trailblazers he does a ton of head gaskets and bearing hubs weekly. Advised me to stay away whne I wanted one

For some reason... Chrysler always had trans problems... I remember being a very young child and seeing my father "drop" the transmission of his '68 blue Valiant in the middle of my grandmother's driveway... I remember thinking: "Oh, this is bad... Real bad!" <_<:nana: So far I am batting 1.000... But years ago, If I bought a Chrysler, I wouldn't buy an automatic... Maybe some repressed memories! We replaced it with a beige '69 Valiant convertible... Loved that ride as a child... You know those McDonald stickers they gave out in the ealy 1970's?... We would use them to patch the holes in the roof... Guess we got slap happy with the stickers... Thet were all over the ride! :lol::lol:

McDonald's Slap Happy Stickers

No. Time was, no adult would be so foolish back then to take any lip or opinion from any kid, long before they put them in a vehicle, so the kids universally kept their snot mouths shut up and so didn't need to be duct taped.

BF, back then, children were actively shielded from the adult world and its' evils. No longer - now we have Columbines...

I hang my head in sorrow about what kids have to deal with today...it's so, so wrong, so, so sad. <_<

Dude. You're preaching to the cryer. I long for the days where you could beat children to an ever loving pulp without some sniveling social worker breathing down your neck. Kids aren't so mouthy after they've been punched in the larynx a few dozen times.

Nowadays if I even look crosseyed at my hamster, my doorbell is ringing. Granted, most hamsters can't call the authorities, but the fact they would even come to the house irks me to no end.