Give Trent Edwards a chance

Nasty

First time post here. I personnally liked TE as our quarterback. Better then Fitzpatrick. Better then Losman. Better then anyone we can get in a draft this year. Our problem is just keeping him upright to make the throw. His accuracy is good and when he did have time to throw over the middle and down field he wasn't affraid. For instance during the Redskins game two years ago at the end of the game when he needed to make a throw downfield and had time he was money. Another example was the Jacksonville game when he had another fourth quarter game winning drive at the end. He is a good quarter back to me just not coached properly and no line. He was loved in 08 until the Cardnials game where he had his first concussion. That to me is when he got scared. Then he went through the hole training camp last year to have his coordinator dumped right before the season and had a new OC. If he had any consistant coaching he would be a stud now. For that matter I think Losman would have panned out to if it wasn't for sorry coaching. With Loseman they tried to make him a pocket quarterback. To me he should have used his legs more. But I still like Edwards better. We really need to concentrate on our lines Offensive and Defensive this year. Go Bills!!

He sucks didn't you know. let me give you list of everything good: nothing now bad:neverb had a 300 yd game (Peyton had one every week against teams he played), never throws down field, had a game where T.O. didn't catch a pass, 6-3 L vs CLEVELAND, never had a winning season, never got over 3,000 yds passing, i don't think I even need to say TE wins cause their loser teams( no offense KC, STL, DEN-JC, SEA, CLE, OAK.....) Fitzpatrick not great but better than Trent.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edwards just may be the best QB on the roster, which is like saying the plain looking woman is a knockout when the only two other women in the room are Helen Thomas & Janet Reno. I've got 2 major promblems with the OP. 1) Stop the nonsense that every time a Bills QB fails it is the coaches fault. The Bills have had some decent or better QB coaches going back to QB guru Sam Wyche who succeeded with others before getting stuck with JP Losman. 2) The main reason you can't go into a season with Trent Edwards as your QB is that you won't finish the season with Trent Edwards as your QB-he's too injury prone. We've been down this road before with Rob Johnson. In 2001 Rob's last play as a Bill was an injury. If Trent never plays another down in Buffalo, he will leave the same way. If Trent is the 2010 starter, just like Johnson in 2001, he will dissapoint early in the season & then end up injured before the season is over. This season could be very much like 2001 if the group of QBs remains the same. Trent Edwards=Rob Johnson, an injury prone disappointment; Ryan Fitzpatrick= Alex Van Pelt, a so-so backup who ends up the starter because the other QBs are bad; Brian Brohm=Travis Brown, a reject from another NFL team who is overrated due to the desperation & frustration of the fans, who viewing the QB situation, start grasping at straws.

The only hope for 2010 is if the starting QB is currently not on the roster.

File this one under "beating a dead horse"

How many years should the Trent Edwards audition last?

Ryan Fitz beat him out of his job last year.

The fact he was given the keys to the castle for 3 years tells me he has been given

a solid chance. Now we are making excuses for him. If Trent can show that he can assess the open receivers 20 yards down the field and throw to them instead of checking down, I wouldn't mind giving him a shot.

+1 :thumbsup:

Due to the fact of Buffalo needing 2 OT's and a 3-4 DT I think QB should not even be a consideration in this years draft. I do believe however we have capable QB's on the roster now in Edwards and Brohm. Edwards needs to come back out of his shell and an offensive minded coach I believe will do wonders. With that said, prior to FA I believe the draft shout go like this: T, DT, T, OLB, FB, OLB, T.

I don't know if anyone else has responded to you b/c I've only read the posts until this point, but what!?! We need talent at the SKILL POSITIONS ON OFFENSE folks. This trenches philosophy that everyone has- I get it, but I'll leave you with this: those last two Bills teams to make the playoffs had Flutie, Moulds and every bit as bad an offensive line as we had last year! You know- Jamie Nails, Marcus Spriggs, etc. We need a franchise quarterback once and for all.

First time post here. I personnally liked TE as our quarterback. Better then Fitzpatrick. Better then Losman. Better then anyone we can get in a draft this year. Our problem is just keeping him upright to make the throw. His accuracy is good and when he did have time to throw over the middle and down field he wasn't affraid. For instance during the Redskins game two years ago at the end of the game when he needed to make a throw downfield and had time he was money. Another example was the Jacksonville game when he had another fourth quarter game winning drive at the end. He is a good quarter back to me just not coached properly and no line. He was loved in 08 until the Cardnials game where he had his first concussion. That to me is when he got scared. Then he went through the hole training camp last year to have his coordinator dumped right before the season and had a new OC. If he had any consistant coaching he would be a stud now. For that matter I think Losman would have panned out to if it wasn't for sorry coaching. With Loseman they tried to make him a pocket quarterback. To me he should have used his legs more. But I still like Edwards better. We really need to concentrate on our lines Offensive and Defensive this year. Go Bills!!

Following that logic we should bring back Losman. At least he had far greater physical tools and was actually jerked around even more than TE!!!!

Uumm, Trentative already had a chance(s). He's not a Buffalo type of guy and I find his Jauronesque-like personality nausiating. He acts like a boy who lives with his sister. Update- Losman is no longer on the roster, so quit the comparisons.
Great post Know can we lay this thread to R.I.P! :thumbsup:

Due to the fact of Buffalo needing 2 OT's and a 3-4 DT I think QB should not even be a consideration in this years draft. I do believe however we have capable QB's on the roster now in Edwards and Brohm. Edwards needs to come back out of his shell and an offensive minded coach I believe will do wonders. With that said, prior to FA I believe the draft shout go like this: T, DT, T, OLB, FB, OLB, T.

I've said it before and here goes again, Demetrius Bell and Jamon Meredith are both wayyyy better T's than captain checkdown is a QB. I'm guessing the original poster is Trent's mom. You're better off preparing the basement for your son's arrival Mrs. Edwards.

Anyway, we'll get a LT this offseason and we'd better have a new QB too.

you want to see what happens to a team when you get a real QB (as much as I hate to say it) look at the Vikings this year. same O-line, same D, same receivers as the year previous...didn't they lose some big game in OT?

I've said it before and here goes again, Demetrius Bell and Jamon Meredith are both wayyyy better T's than captain checkdown is a QB. I'm guessing the original poster is Trent's mom. You're better off preparing the basement for your son's arrival Mrs. Edwards.

you want to see what happens to a team when you get a real QB (as much as I hate to say it) look at the Vikings this year. same O-line, same D, same receivers as the year previous...didn't they lose some big game in OT?

The Vikings were already a playoff team. Adding Favre was just putting the cherry on top of an cake that was otherwise already decorated.

On the other hand, the Bills are a small, slow, weak team without a foundation and in the beginning stages of filling up the dumpsters. Suggestions that adding a rookie QB is all it takes to make this a Super Bowl team are laughable.

Guest dog14787
He sucks didn't you know. let me give you list of everything good: nothing now bad:neverb had a 300 yd game (Peyton had one every week against teams he played), never throws down field, had a game where T.O. didn't catch a pass, 6-3 L vs CLEVELAND, never had a winning season, never got over 3,000 yds passing, i don't think I even need to say TE wins cause their loser teams( no offense KC, STL, DEN-JC, SEA, CLE, OAK.....) Fitzpatrick not great but better than Trent.

Welcome aboard skel158 but,

I don't understand the level of animosity towards a player that has always been completely loyal to his football team. I've never seen Trent Edwards point his finger at any player or coach and has backed the organization 100%. The Bills as an organization has returned Trent Edwards loyalty with shoddy protection, sub par coaching and horrible upper management. Trent Edwards is one of the lowest paid players on the Bills roster yet has the most difficult assignment.

Most players would have wanted out of Buffalo long ago, Trent Edwards on the other hand will tell us the same thing he has always told us,

"My goal is to take the Buffalo Bills to the Superbowl and bring home a Championship "

At this point I like Fitz over Trent.....

Fitz has some balls at least to throw it downfield, something that Trent for some reason does not do on the regular.

We are about to find out if Gailey can get some mileage from the QB's we have. Because I believe they are not going after a QB in the first 2 rounds, they are going after lineman which is the smarter thing to do at this point.

The Vikings were a playoff team in 08 with Travaris Jackson and Gus Frerotte as their starting QB's.

Im not saying I dont agree with your point about QB's being a big difference, But your argument about the Vikings is not very helpful. Just saying.

At this point I like Fitz over Trent.....

Fitz has some balls at least to throw it downfield, something that Trent for some reason does not do on the regular.

We are about to find out if Gailey can get some mileage from the QB's we have. Because I believe they are not going after a QB in the first 2 rounds, they are going after lineman which is the smarter thing to do at this point.

If you are looking at the future of this team it is absolutely the smarter thing to do.

I agree about Trent as well. But I think his bigger issue was hitting receivers on the run. He seems to always have to wait until his receiver is stopped and prone to throw them the ball. It gets annoying actually.