Bills interview McCoy, Gerald

link

Didn't see this posted...if a duplicate please delete.

Did you spend too much time institutionalized? Is that why you are doing the whole last name first shtick? I was trying to figure out who the !@#$ Gerald was.....my own idiocy got in the way.

As for the Avatar--I didn't realize you were such a big Aretha Franklin fan...

SRSLY?

*insert owl*

Still though, I can't imagine why anyone would hate on McCoy, him and Suh are going to be dominant at the next level.

Mayock ripped him for doing less reps of 225 then expected....i think he did 23 and Suh did 32, something like that

Mayock ripped him for doing less reps of 225 then expected....i think he did 23 and Suh did 32, something like that

Then Mayock is finally becoming an assclown like Kiper. McCoy was #1 coming into this season and is still #1 on most draft boards. Who gives a rats ass what he benched? I mean seriously. It is the most worthless test in the world esp for football strength.

I guess someone forgot to tell all those Olinemen who's asses he whipped in College that he doesn't have a good bench :):wallbash:

Then Mayock is finally becoming an assclown like Kiper. McCoy was #1 coming into this season and is still #1 on most draft boards. Who gives a rats ass what he benched? I mean seriously. It is the most worthless test in the world esp for football strength.

I guess someone forgot to tell all those Olinemen who's asses he whipped in College that he doesn't have a good bench :):wallbash:

Strength is strength. Hardly worthless but what the guy does on tape should indeed matter a hell of a lot more! My only curiosity is whether he will be as dominant against NFL players. At the collegiate level his lack of bench press strength obviously didn't impact his performance.

Could it have an effect in the pros? As stated his body of work is of the greatest importance but it is something to consider. Would I knock him out of the 1st round or even the top 10? ....Hell no.

I agree that weight room performance is negligible to draft status. But, McCoy is not # 1 on most draft boards. He hasn't been for awhile.

On the prospects of him falling to 9, I highly doubt that will happen, but it would be a great day if it did. As of now, I bet the Bills are hoping Bulaga slides to them.

On the prospects of him falling to 9, I highly doubt that will happen, but it would be a great day if it did. As of now, I bet the Bills are hoping Bulaga slides to them.

if we took McCoy, we'd better go back to 4-3. McCoy/Williams interior D-line, nice.

I bet Bills hoping for Bulaga too.

Yeah cause pushing a 300 lb lineman off of you snap after snap has nothing to do with upper body strength. Do you think before you post or are you that color blind by Crimson and Creme?

Your biased though!!!! :lol:

The thing that drives me crazy is that the 225 reps don't mean anything to me as far as big men go. IMO they should be testing their 1 rep Max before the muscle conditioning. I agree that it helps determine their muscle stamina, but it does nothing for calculating power.

Edit: Mcshay just said on SC he would take McCoy #1 overall... then again he loved the maybin pick(as did I but im a biased psu fan) :lol:

Just every coach, GM and scout in the NFL. 22 reps means they're now going to go back and evaluate all of his game film to see if there's an issue with his upper body strength.

I don't think it takes away from his body of work but it is a legitimate thing for people to look at .

9 + MCKELVIN = ??

9 + WHITNER = ??

9 + LYNCH =??

DO ANY ADD UP TO 2 OVERALL?... MAYBE ,,YES OR NO ?

DETROIT WANTS OUT OF 2

9 + 41 + next years first + any one of those players is more realistic honestly.

23 reps is quite poor for an athlete of that size. Upper body strength is quite important for a DT. His lack of time in the weight room is a red flag. It says McCoy may be one of those guys that get by on talent alone. Work ethic is important, especially if you're spending top-3 money on him. You want a guy who'll work hard, not a guy you'll have to harass to get in the weight room.

Yeah cause pushing a 300 lb lineman off of you snap after snap has nothing to do with upper body strength. Do you think before you post or are you that color blind by Crimson and Creme?

Seriously? When was the last time the game is played on your back and your job is to push weight off of you for reps? My God some of you really need to learn about the game of football. I would be more interested in what he can clean and jerk and front squat than how much he can bench.