Whitner for Boldin?

Cards just released rolle, boldin has been wanting out for a while. i say whitner for boldin would be great trade. problem is we would probably have to throw in a pick as well.

not gonna happen, boldin has already stated he plans on playing out his existing contract, and has a tendency to miss time every yr due to injury lately, part of the reason to and reed were let go was to clear the way for JH and SJ, so I doubt we would send a pick to arizona for a frequently injured 29-30 yr old WR who will need a new contract.

I dont know..........you look at it at face value & say "Hell Ya!" but I believe Boldin is only set to make 3mill next yr and Whitner stands to make over 5 mill so IDK if a draft pick would even come into play except to entice. It would save money & I think its pretty much common knowledge the wiggle room is with Whitner for trade. IMO it still goes back to the fact that no matter who we have under center (which is still another bag of worms) they still cannot get the ball to a man with magnetic gloves & a steel football with the severe lack of protection w/ the O-line. Besides Boldin wants to go to a contender not severely anemic offense with a totally unproven coaching staff & a baffling front office.

Cards just released rolle, boldin has been wanting out for a while. i say whitner for boldin would be great trade. problem is we would probably have to throw in a pick as well.

you're kidding right?

if you were the Cards would you trade one of the best WRs in the league for an overpaid safety that has been outplayed by a street free agent, a former WR turned safety and a rookie 2nd round pick?

The Cards would want a minimum 2nd round pick for Boldin. Whitner has no trade value. So it would take Whitner and atleast a second. That trade wouldnt even work on Madden.

I dont know..........you look at it at face value & say "Hell Ya!" but I believe Boldin is only set to make 3mill next yr and Whitner stands to make over 5 mill so IDK if a draft pick would even come into play except to entice. It would save money & I think its pretty much common knowledge the wiggle room is with Whitner for trade. IMO it still goes back to the fact that no matter who we have under center (which is still another bag of worms) they still cannot get the ball to a man with magnetic gloves & a steel football with the severe lack of protection w/ the O-line. Besides Boldin wants to go to a contender not severely anemic offense with a totally unproven coaching staff & a baffling front office.

Where did you get that number from?

Whitner for Boldin? Horrible underachiever for proven All - Pro. I would assume the Cards would consider Whitner a throw in while asking for at least a second round pick. I think they wanted a first rounder when the Eagles and others were asking last season.

Probably?

An above average safety for a premiere WR, and you say probably?

Whitner counts a bit below $5 mill on the cap, but his actual salary is $2.4 mill this year and $1.9 mill next year. Don't spread bad info, and if you doubt me, just look up Whitner's name on rotoworld.com

Whitner for Boldin? Horrible underachiever for proven All - Pro. I would assume the Cards would consider Whitner a throw in while asking for at least a second round pick. I think they wanted a first rounder when the Eagles and others were asking last season.

Get over the "under-achiever" thing. He's not. Teams that need a safety don't care that the Bills were stupid enough to draft him too high. They only care about his level of play, which is above average, but not by all that much. Above-average safeties certainly DO have trade value, no matter what anyone says.

But yeah, we'd have to throw in a draft pick, and not a sixth-rounder either.

Where did you get that number from?

The same place everyone gets the idea that Whitner is horrible and has no trade value

I would make the deal as a Bills fan, and I'm not one of the fans that want to see Whitner (or Lynch) run from the team

There is an abundance of Safeties and CBs on the Bills roster, compared to the big lack of quality WRs on the team