Denney, Reed, Owens are done in Buffalo

Lori

Chris Chambers' Bills connections:

Former college teammate and roommate of current Bills #1 WR, Lee Evans at Wisconsin

Buddy Nix was the Assistant GM on a Chargers team that brought Chambers in for 2007 season

Worked with Chan Gailey during 2009 offseason with KC.

That one's not right. Chambers began the season in SD, and signed with KC after the Chargers cut him at the beginning of November.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Chambers' Bills connections:

Former college teammate and roommate of current Bills #1 WR, Lee Evans at Wisconsin

Buddy Nix was the Assistant GM on a Chargers team that brought Chambers in for 2007 season

Worked with Chan Gailey during 2009 offseason with KC.

Chambers did next to nothing in San Deigo. The reason he joined the Chiefs is because the Chargers cut him. I'll admit he did better in KC but part of that was due to getting playing time with Dwayne Bowe's suspension but let's not forget that Gailey wasn't calling plays in KC last year. In terms of playing with Lee Evans at Wisconsin, to me that means next to nothing. Also his biggest drawback is he mirror's Lee Evans' ability. Instead we need someone that compliments it. Kevin Walter from Houston might fit that being he's 6'3" and over 200 lbs. Yet if going to look at KC connections one WR I mentioned before and think we could end up with is Bobby Wade, as he should be able to replace Josh Reed and Roscoe Parrish.

I sure wont be missing them. TO a player, but he sure didnt try enough for me.

Now, why hasnt Kelsay been cut?

I can't imagine how different this season would have been if everyone on this team tried their very most bestest.

8-8, maybe?

Without a QB worth a sheet, and a half dead coach it's really hard to generate any intensity.

I don't have any real grudge against Owens, and before he came to the Bills I didn't like him at all. He was not the problem, and if there had been any chance for that team to achieve any kind of success, he would have been alot better.

I can't imagine how different this season would have been if everyone on this team tried their very most bestest.

8-8, maybe?

Without a QB worth a sheet, and a half dead coach it's really hard to generate any intensity.

I don't have any real grudge against Owens, and before he came to the Bills I didn't like him at all. He was not the problem, and if there had been any chance for that team to achieve any kind of success, he would have been alot better.

This is a more reasonable approach. Owens wasn't disruptive, despite the pitiful circumstances. I seem to be in the minority but I thought he showed that he could still be a playmaker in this league, at least when given the chance.

With no TO or Reed we are going to be signing some kind of a Vet reciever. I don't see us going in with just evans, hardy, parrish, and johnson. Parrish isn't good enough to start (and might even get traded away) and hardy/johnson have very limited experience.

Anyone thinking we might sign bryant? There aren't exactly a lot of options in FA. I think we need a vet reciever, but shouldn't really draft one since we already have 2 young ones we should develop more.

I agree without Owens on the roster, Reed was the second best receiver we have. They have to sign at least one veteran receiver.