Do you ever run into celebrities

Hazed and Amuzed

Some of you know that I was once a military man and while I was in I had a pretty stressful job, when I got out about 5 years ago I wanted to get into something that was a lot more easy going so I started bartending. I really found a niche doing it and have since become a professional Bartender. Well I have worked at a couple of the trendy places in Palm Beach and currently work at the International Polo Club so I tend to run into celebs from time to time. The other night I had a nice conversation with John Walsh(who I think has taken tragedy and made something great out of it) just minutes before watching him belly dance with a professional dancer in front of a room full of Palm Beaches richest(including my boss the murderer http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/court-fi...e_comments=true ). But before jumping out on the dance floor he asked me who I've met doing my job and it got me thinking. So here's a little list:

Rob Van Winkle(Vanilla Ice)- Good dude, I know a lot of people don't like him but he's a good guy.

Jim Palmer- He has his wife carry around baseball cards to autograph for people, nice guy.

Jennifer Capriati- She was stoned out of her head

Rick Flair- Nice guy didn't say much

Gary Carter- I think I scared him because I was in shock when he sat, needless to say I'm a huge Met fan.

Steve Blackman- WWE guy. He's a badass, shakes hands like a girl though. I think it's because he's scared to crush people. It was right before the Benoit thing and in fact he was talking to Chris that night on his cell.

Cheech!- Real quiet. He was with some guy who wouldn't shut up so maybe thats why.

Brent Musberger- Real cool dude

Mark McGwire- I didn't talk to him I was too busy at the time to have a convo(that was 2001)

That's all I can think of at the moment, Ralph Wilson has come into the same restaurant and sat at a table, I didn't find out he was there until he had already left though.

I do, occasionally. But then, I'm not allowed to talk about it.

Nothing to do with the thread but I just read that Deadspin link in your sig. That is some real funny ****. It's funny cause the guys dead on.

Back in the day I was a server at Tony Romas restaurant in Rochester. They were filming a couple of Bills related shows there, and they also had a charity rib eating contests with the guys from the team. It was pretty cool cause the players would come in through the kitchen entrance and they'd hang with staff until it was time to go on. We got to hang out with Thurman, L.Smith, K.Jackson, D.Talley, and a few scrubs. I also served Don Alhart, but if you're not from Rochester that won't mean anything to you.

My brother is the GM at a local theater in one of the suburbs of ATL where many celebrities choose to live (Alpharetta), and he's run into Greg Maddux, Jeff Foxworthy, and Harry Connick Jr. He said Greg didn't say a word, Foxworthy was having fun overhearing the radio transmissions announcing his sighting, and Connick was apparently a massive douchebag.

My past career took me to the Playboy Mansion to interview Hugh Hefner. He is an alum of the University of Illinois and I got the chance to videotape an interview with him during the Fighting Illini's trip to the Rose Bowl during the 2007 season. (My profile picture is of me and Doug Flutie on the fields before the Rose Bowl).

Tipped back a few beers with Tony Stewart and Matt Yocum when Stewart came to Central Illinois to race at a track he's a co-owner of (with Kenny Wallace and Ken Schrader). Real down-to-earth guy and loves Schlitz beer.

My wife's current job allowed me to sit down to dinner with UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes last spring, one month before his fight with Matt Serra. Distinguished Young Alumni.

That's funny......I remember some guy getting road head almost running me over on the corner of Main and Chippewa 30 years ago.

Good thing you didn't hit me.....I would have ruined your......tranny.

It was actually Main and Tupper. WKBW had their Station on Main St. then. I was making a right on Main and he stepped off the curb. I had the green BTW.

aren't you going to share who it is you keep getting confused for?

i once was mistaken for someone at a baseball game.She asked me for my autograph. It was pretty funny and weird at the same time. :rolleyes:

Actually, I remember being mistaken for the same person in a Mcdonalds drive thru as well.

It's a little embarrassing, I wish I could say brad Pitt or someone. When I used to have my beard, People said I looked exactly like Al Borlin (sp) from that TV show Home Improvement. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah, should have kept that to yourself. ;)