Terrance Cody Down to 354lbs

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, but, but I thought Cody had no self control and desire to be a pro athlete. I thought he had no motivation either. F**k all you Cody haters, you'll be sorry when he developes into the next Ted Washington for somebody else.

The problem is that Cody had major incentive to lose weight (for the Combine). If the Bills take him 9th overall, he'll get major coin and incentive to keep his weight down will be a lot harder. It has to come from within and there's no way to measure that.

The problem is that Cody had major incentive to lose weight (for the Combine). If the Bills take him 9th overall, he'll get major coin and incentive to keep his weight down will be a lot harder. It has to come from within and there's no way to measure that.

Kinda like Maybin suddenly weighing 250 for last year's combine, huh?

Artificial weight gain/loss is just that. That doesn't mean Cody might not be an excellent player -- I'll leave that evaluation up to those who get paid to make those decisions -- but people should not put much stock in short term weight changes.

Whoa.....nobody said anything about 9th......

Yeah, let's not get all carried away here. Cody has looked good when he got on the field, but he will need weight clauses in his contract, and getting down to 354 will help his draft status but 9 is a little premature to say the least.

There's no comparison between being allowed to eat what you want, so as to gain weight, versus not being allowed to eat whatever you want, so as to lose weight. I have no doubts that Maybin is trying to keep his weight up. And in Maybin's case, as a 20+ year old, he's still filling out his frame.

Artificial weight gain/loss is just that. That doesn't mean Cody might not be an excellent player -- I'll leave that evaluation up to those who get paid to make those decisions -- but people should not put much stock in short term weight changes.

The evaluation should be based on his performance on the field, because it wouldn't surprise me to learn he was around 370# for most of his senior season.

But, but, but I thought Cody had no self control and desire to be a pro athlete. I thought he had no motivation either. F**k all you Cody haters, you'll be sorry when he developes into the next Ted Washington for somebody else.

Will we be as sorry when you learn how to spell?

He had a major incentive to keep his weight down for the post season games and he couldn't do it.

I agree. He could have taken diuretics the night before to help lose weight. Also, as mentioned he is motivated for the payday. Will he be motivated for the career?

Cody to 354

Deckchair off Titanic.

:unsure:

I dont care what he weighs. Its his conditioning that matterrs. Big Pat has great conditioning and easily plays at 350+. I dont think Cody has the conditioning judging by the # of snaps he actually played for his teams D.

Great point. I agree that his conditioning is very poor. IMO, a first round DT needs to be a three down player.

Adam_Schefter RT @MoveTheSticks: Terrence Cody weighed 354 lbs (That's big news for the big guy. It'll get him in the scouts' good graces again)

Unfortunately could get him back into the first round and out of the Bills range.

I don't see it. His ideal weight would be somewhere around 340 or so, according to both him and Saban, his college coach. This just means he can drop weight for a week or two. It doesn't mean he can ever get to his best weight, and it doesn't show that he is likely to keep weight off.

I wish him the best, but don't think this will help a great deal.