Canada vs USA

meazza

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean where only men compete naked to honor Zeuz, and they're only held on Mount Olympus? And nations hire professional athletes to compete for national prestige?

I guess I won't be competing again in the Olympic Watching competition.

Your performance, based on your vast international experience, is a little below expectation.

Well, when I'm overseas, I prefer to play tourist rather than watch TV in a language I don't understand, like that kooky Australian "English".

Nah. Some mostly good-natured smacktalk aside, there wasn't much jingoistic fervor on either side of the latest "border war." Instead, we've moved on to debating the Olympic Spirit, with a couple of people wishing we could go back to the good old days when only the Soviet Bloc sent full-time athletes to the Games.

Good to see you back, and I hope the weekend gave you enough time to rest and recuperate ...

Had a nice relaxing weekend, thanks. But got thrust back in the baloney of the real world today when I spent the entire day dealing with and ridding my computer of yet another nasty virus. And apparently I wasn't far from the only one affected.

WORD OF WARNING TO ALL: DO NOT OPEN AN E-MAIL PROPORTEDLY FROM UPS. IT'S A FAKE. (funny, I avoided the Hallmark and Google ones that came out last week, only to fall for this one ... damn).

Good news is it's fixed.

And of course I was merely sticking my big fat nose into a "Canada/USA" debate that seemed to be derailed. Me, I was a big fan of the Swiss women (now, now). Their celebration after clinching 5th, and the sheer joy they displayed, was one of my favorite Olympic moments.

cheers

jw

WORD OF WARNING TO ALL: DO NOT OPEN AN E-MAIL PROPORTEDLY FROM UPS. IT'S A FAKE.

So I'm not really getting $10M dollars from a Nigerian Prince shipped via UPS to my house if I just give UPS $3000 for the customs fees?

So I'm not really getting $10M dollars from a Nigerian Prince shipped via UPS to my house if I just give UPS $3000 for the customs fees?

No no, that's real. Change of plans however, they contacted me and asked that I contact you to let you know that I was to collect the money from you. PM me for arrangements. <_<

Speaking of the Nigerian Prince, my aunt's email account was recently hacked and someone sent a message from her account to her entire address book with a long, rambling message about how she was stranded in Africa and in peril and in immediate need of money.

As it happens, she is a frequent global traveler, so the message apparently raised some alarm among her friends, though no one sent any cash as far as we know.

Speaking of the Nigerian Prince, my aunt's email account was recently hacked and someone sent a message from her account to her entire address book with a long, rambling message about how she was stranded in Africa and in peril and in immediate need of money.

As it happens, she is a frequent global traveler, so the message apparently raised some alarm among her friends, though no one sent any cash as far as we know.

You mean Aunt Millie didn't get my $475 transfer fee for her passport reinstatement? Damn them, Maybe Mr. Mobutambo can get to the bottom of this for me.