Canada vs USA

meazza

Even if you are talking common sense, you're still greviously misinformed. You think the "spirit" of the Olympics was embodied in Cold War competetion, and pro athletes started playing in the Olympics only after the Cold War ended? :unsure: What amateurs were on the 1980 Soviet hockey team? Olympic soccer has a LONG history of using pro athletes (at least going back before WWII). Pro basketball players outside of the NBA have been allowed to play in the Olympics almost since inception.

The substance of your rant is based on complete nonsense - professionals competing in "amateur" games isn't a post-Cold War development. It's been going on for a LONG time.

He wants an Olympics where dudes can just walk in off the street and compete in Luge.

It's brilliant, really.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wants an Olympics where dudes can just walk in off the street and compete in Luge.

It's brilliant, really.

No never said that. I just want professionals for team leagues out of the Olympics. The Ryam Millers, Pat Kanes, Micahel Jordan (after turning pro), and David Beckhams don't diserve the opportunity, it goes against the spirit. Million dollar "golden childs" that are taking money out of others mouths.

No never said that. I just want professionals for team leagues out of the Olympics. The Ryam Millers, Pat Kanes, Micahel Jordan (after turning pro), and David Beckhams don't diserve the opportunity, it goes against the spirit. Million dollar "golden childs" that are taking money out of others mouths.

But professionals in individual sports are okay?

Okay, so you want the Olympics to be something they've never been.

Just so you're honest about it.

Okay, so you want the Olympics to be something they've never been.

Just so you're honest about it.

No. I want Olympic team sports to be what they were, especially hockey. And don't give me the crap about the USSR... They were breaking the rules. Yet, the USSR is defunct. What's the problem? Go figure, after The Wall falls... Other teams go pro. :unsure::devil: I don't want million dollar players stealing the thunder from aspiring players. That is not the Olympic spirit. Did you hear Pat Kane's comment? He said he wants another shot at it. Nothing like being a pig about it. :P:wallbash: My God people, get an ounce of honor!

No. I want Olympic team sports to be what they were, especially hockey. And don't give me the crap about the USSR... They were breaking the rules. Yet, the USSR is defunct. What's the problem? Go figure, after The Wall falls... Other teams go pro. :unsure::devil: I don't want million dollar players stealing the thunder from aspiring players. That is not the Olympic spirit. Did you hear Pat Kane's comment? He said he wants another shot at it. Nothing like being a pig about it. :P:wallbash: My God people, get an ounce of honor!

You should quit your job, you are taking food off of the table of some kid coming out of school trying to get a job.

dude if you don't enjoy it don't fufking watch

it as simple as that

So athletes should be prohibited from competing in more than one Olympiad? And again, does that also apply to individual sports?

You should quit your job, you are taking food off of the table of some kid coming out of school trying to get a job.

Believe me I will! I plan on going as fast as I can, hopefully at 55.

Anyway, we are talking about a huge disparity here and it is wrong.

I am shocked that nobody else finds this disgusting. To bad USA didn't win, I would have made the same argument.

Out of the 12 teams that could only qualify... I was sure hoping that the one with the least amount of NHLer's would pull an upset... Maybe Norway.

Believe me I will! I plan on going as fast as I can, hopefully at 55.

Anyway, we are talking about a huge disparity here and it is wrong.

I am shocked that nobody else finds this disgusting. To bad USA didn't win, I would have made the same argument.

Out of the 12 teams that could only qualify... I was sure hoping that the one with the least amount of NHLer's would pull an upset... Maybe Norway.

But the hockey would suck and people wouldn't watch so who cares. If I wanted crappy hockey I could just watch the Spengler Cup.

No. No.

Time to adjust your moral compass Lori (and others).

Shaun White makes more per year than any player on the men's hockey team. Where's your !@#$ing moral compass register on that one?

Shaun White makes more per year than any player on the men's hockey team. Where's your !@#$ing moral compass register on that one?

Exactly. Read above. I ranted about him too. Somebody asked and I flat out said he shouldn't compete in the Olympics. Doesn't that disgust you too? I could only imagine what that Target deal brings him!