Canada vs USA

meazza

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo Sabres and Ryan Miller at Pittburgh Penguins and Sid Crosby on Tuesday. Anybody gonna be watching? :unsure:

Poor Miller, after how great he played, he is going to have to watch the Pittsburgh fans pay tribute to Crosby and his gold while the wound is still fresh.

Nothing mother...

:unsure:

Boost! Don't you have some homework to do? (namely on how much Olympians make after taxes)

Eric is starting trouble again!

Eric, that's enough out of you and quit effing around in the tub, trying to set up those silly "locks" of yours!!!

I mean it, get a bath and quit blocking the water from running out of the tub when you are done!!!

Boost! Don't you have some homework to do? (namely on how much Olympians make after taxes)

Eric, that's enough out of you and quit effing around in the tub, trying to set up those silly "locks" of yours!!!

I mean it, get a bath and quit blocking the water from running out of the tub when you are done!!!

:unsure:

Full of what? Did you really believe for a second that 2 officials who hadn't been calling games under IIHF rules for the last 4 years were going to suddenly start putting people in the box for touching 'tenders in a US/Canada championship game? The very idea is ridiculous.

Actually you said "I'll eat my hat if Canadian NHL officials go out of their way to enforce IIHF rules and protect an American goaltender. I think Johnson, Gleason and Orpik will have to keep Ryan Miller clean on their own" I think it was pretty clear what you were saying. Just sayin'.

But the hockey would suck and people wouldn't watch so who cares. If I wanted crappy hockey I could just watch the Spengler Cup.

So nobody watches collage football or basketball, right? They are amateurs so it must suck?

To me, pro's in the Olympics are little different than Payton Manning suiting up for a few games to help the Vols win a title. It violates the spirit.

Agents[or boosters] slipping a car to a prospect against the rules is not the same as official policy.

Yeah, because that's all that's going on in college basketball. :unsure:

I'm sure other countries will hold up to the Olympic ideal if we decide to go back to "amateurs", just ask the Chinese gymnasts how much their country cares about the rules.

Yeah, because that's all that's going on in college basketball. :unsure:

Well then they need to clean their house.

Pro's are Pro's. If they get 11 million they want 12.

There are lot's of people who enjoy seeing dedicated amateur's reach the glory of the Olympics.

If their not the "best" who cares?

So nobody watches collage football or basketball, right? They are amateurs so it must suck?

To me, pro's in the Olympics are little different than Payton Manning suiting up for a few games to help the Vols win a title. It violates the spirit.

When I watch college sports I don't expect to see the best in the world.

Mad props to the USA Hockey team! They were not even expected to medal and they go 1-1 against the heavily favored Canadians on their home turf, playing their national sport. Just amazing and as much fun I've had watching hockey in a long time. When's the deciding game 3? I want to watch another. Winning against the Canadians was incredible, even if they lost the one that mattered. Kind of sucks it was more of a flukey turn and fire shot, but that's OT hockey. Still the US has nothing to hang their heads about. It's the equivalent of the Canadian baseball team beating the USA in Yankee Stadium, but then lost in extra innings of the gold game, there's just no way it should happen. I am very proud of the boys.....

Mad props to the USA Hockey team! They were not even expected to medal and they go 1-1 against the heavily favored Canadians on their home turf, playing their national sport. Just amazing and as much fun I've had watching hockey in a long time. When's the deciding game 3? I want to watch another. Winning against the Canadians was incredible, even if they lost the one that mattered. Kind of sucks it was more of a flukey turn and fire shot, but that's OT hockey. Still the US has nothing to hang their heads about. It's the equivalent of the Canadian baseball team beating the USA in Yankee Stadium, but then lost in extra innings of the gold game, there's just no way it should happen. I am very proud of the boys.....

Funny Ive been thinking the same thing. Teams just kinda starting to gel and its over. I can only imagine how great it would be if the top teams were to play a best of 5 series to determine if you advance. I have to say of have lots of respect for the US team. While watching the game yesterday I realized there were no weak spots on either team. Its been a long time since Ive watched a game in which there were almost no mistakes. Very few give aways.

After watching the game twice, I just needed tos ay I really wish Chicago had taken the rumored anyone-on-the-roster-but-Miller and draft picks trade offer for #1 and the chance to pick Kane. I also wish that we had signed Amherst native Brooks Orpik when he was a FA. Both players really impressed me in the game and tournament (3rd period giveaway by Kane notwithstanding).

Olympic sports without any professionals (including the Sean Whites of the world) would just be college track and field and college softball...which no one cares about.

There's a reason the Olympics sold out...to make the games better. And they succeeded. World records are falling right and left. Pros make all the games and individual events better.

If you want amatuer sports, go watch the NCAA downhill championships and report back to us on the drama of it all.