Canada vs USA

meazza

That too. Still doen't make it right. The players get paid by their NHL clubs. They should not be playing... Leave it to amatuers. Pros playing in the Olympics is just another attempt to cater to the spoiled star players that became good and didn't have a chance to play in the Olympics earlier. A "redo."

Summer olympics and the NBA sending players is even more appalling.

What a load of crap.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just so freakin' pumped for this game! You have the upstart Yanks who have unarguably the greatest goalie in the tourney in Miller versus a Canadian team that FINALLY seems to be gelling after a horrible start. I still contest that losing to the Americans in the pre-lim was the best thing to happen to Canada. It gave them an extra game to work on things and gave them added motivation to play better (the gold medal rematch).

To the canuck fans, should we be worried that Crosby hasn't put up a single point in the quarter and semi-final games? I mean, when is this guy going to step up and really be a factor? I hope he's saving his best game against the US.

And goaltending...that first goal Luongo let it worried me. This guy has a rep (fair or not) of coming up short in big games. Come on Bobby, time to match Miller....PLEASE!

The one thing I wonder is if this game does anything for the game of hockey in the long run? How can the NHL capitalize on this coverage to expand the presence of this great game?

I am just so freakin' pumped for this game! You have the upstart Yanks who have unarguably the greatest goalie in the tourney in Miller versus a Canadian team that FINALLY seems to be gelling after a horrible start. I still contest that losing to the Americans in the pre-lim was the best thing to happen to Canada. It gave them an extra game to work on things and gave them added motivation to play better (the gold medal rematch).

To the canuck fans, should we be worried that Crosby hasn't put up a single point in the quarter and semi-final games? I mean, when is this guy going to step up and really be a factor? I hope he's saving his best game against the US.

And goaltending...that first goal Luongo let it worried me. This guy has a rep (fair or not) of coming up short in big games. Come on Bobby, time to match Miller....PLEASE!

The one thing I wonder is if this game does anything for the game of hockey in the long run? How can the NHL capitalize on this coverage to expand the presence of this great game?

I think Crosby will do fine. A lot of expectations for him and hopefully he'll pick it up. I think Igilna will light it up tomorrow.

I'm not too worried about Luongo. He'll be fine. I don't know if he'll be able to outshine Miller though.

I think Crosby will do fine. A lot of expectations for him and hopefully he'll pick it up. I think Igilna will light it up tomorrow.

I'm not too worried about Luongo. He'll be fine. I don't know if he'll be able to outshine Miller though.

No one can outshine Miller...he is on another level right now. The only hope we have is maybe we can convince Team Canada to wear Ottawa Senator jerseys since Miller always seems to struggle against them. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: That attitude will serve you well tomorrow. :angry:

What a load of crap.

No it is not.

"I want it all mentality."

Pros playing in the Olympics is so they can obtain the opportunity to have everything under the disguise that "only the best are playing." It should be left to the amatuers. Under the old way, there were many players that went on to be stars that never had the opportunnity to try for an Olympic medal. Ya, that may be too bad... But that's the breaks.

Having these stars in the Olympics is like having management come in and collect overtime taking money out of the working stiff's pocket. Participating in the Olympics have become such a chic thing to do... That the superstars want it on their resume too. That they feel entitled to it because they are best in the game." They should soley reserve the Olympics for the guy who hasn't made a name fo themself yet.

That too. Still doen't make it right. The players get paid by their NHL clubs. They should not be playing... Leave it to amatuers. Pros playing in the Olympics is just another attempt to cater to the spoiled star players that became good and didn't have a chance to play in the Olympics earlier. A "redo."

I agree get the pros out of the Olympics.

No it is not.

"I want it all mentality."

Pros playing in the Olympics is so they can obtain the opportunity to have everything under the disguise that "only the best are playing." It should be left to the amatuers. Under the old way, there were many players that went on to be stars that never had the opportunnity to try for an Olympic medal. Ya, that may be too bad... But that's the breaks.

Having these stars in the Olympics is like having management come in and collect overtime taking money out of the working stiff's pocket. Participating in the Olympics have become such a chic thing to do... That the superstars want it on their resume too. That they feel entitled to it because they are best in the game." They should soley reserve the Olympics for the guy who hasn't made a name fo themself yet.

Wow, you topped the last post with an even bigger load of crap. Bravo.

That is not the point. I don't care what happens to him when he is wearing a Sabres uni in the posteseason. The Gold is worthless to me over the Sabres in the playoffs.

IMO, the whole point is to get to the NHL playoffs and try and win the Cup... That is where the chips should properly fall.

I don't think pros should be in the Olympics... Especially during season.

I have no doubt that somebody will try and take him out and better their fortunes for Team Canada and their team they represent in the NHL. These are the same players that were afraid to go to the form fitting sweaters because another player could see where they are taped and exploit an injury. There is no honor, especially in this game... And especially where a whole nation (Canada) will come unglued if they lose.

It is all about priorities and Olympic gold is not one of them. I totally agree with what some baseball players (Mark Tex) were doing by NOT playing in the world tourney.

What has happened to make you think something like this is not only possible, but likely to happen? I can't remember any tourney that Canada was involved in that they did something like that. Believe me, Miller is not the first great goalie these players have faced. It's almost like you think that the Canadian team thinks that Miller is almost supernatural in his abilities and they have to get him out of there because he's some sort of superman. Nabokov of the Sharks has been playing, dare I say it, just as good as Miller and he got lit up. Not saying this is going to happen to Miller but he's only human. Now one guy they probably should have run but didn't was Tretriak of the old Red Army team back in 72. Him and Ken Dryden were the closest Ive seen to having some sort of supernatural abilities and Miller isn't there. And they didn't run Tretiak btw. At least not that I can remember.

Shockingly enough I agree with you. For every millionaire pro you see at the Olympics just for something to add to the trophy case, there is a talented amateur sitting at home that will never get his shot at the limelight.

Shockingly enough I agree with you. For every millionaire pro you see at the Olympics just for something to add to the trophy case, there is a talented amateur sitting at home that will never get his shot at the limelight.

:rolleyes: You all agree with me, except you all don't want to admit it. :angry: Then there is infantile Darin, a hopless case... He's homeschooling the youngsters on peyote use.

No, he really hasn't and it's kind of embarrassing that you'd even make that comparison.

I'd argue that Halak is a better goalie than Nabokov. Halak isn't surrounded by many all-stars in Montreal and he plays incredible at times. His performance against the Russians was incredible.

To beat Miller, Canada has to go for the traffic goals. Park a man in front of the net and hope Miller doesn't see it. If he sees it, he'll stop it.

For the US, they need to come with an aggressive forecheck all game. When you saw Slovakia really press the Canadians in a high-pressure situation like a one-goal lead, they began to come unglued. It took a save from Luongo to make sure it didn't go to OT.