Canada vs USA

meazza

Beating team Canada twice in a row is going to be an uphill battle. A lot of things went our way in the first game. We were heavily out-shot and were pretty fortunate to get the early goal and quickly answer their first goal. On paper they do have a more talented roster and they are now revenge-minded. Obviously Miller gives us a fighting chance and it was great to see an offensive explosion yesterday. I can't wait 'til Sunday night. USA! USA! USA!

I have a feeling this game is going to be a classic, I can't wait. The thing I like about this match-up is for both teams, gold is the only option, neither team will feel fortunate to get a silver medal. :unsure:

GO CANADA!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing that makes me nervous is the crashing of the net. Sabres playoffs hopes depend on a healthy Miller. With Canada having so much pressure on them to win gold, I'm afraid that Miller will be a target tomorrow. USA winning the gold would be nice. but not at the expense of Miller going down.

Yeah, I did think that Canada played a little dirty last time, especially around the net. Refs were pretty fair with the penalties though.

NO Canada!!!

The one thing that makes me nervous is the crashing of the net. Sabres playoffs hopes depend on a healthy Miller. With Canada having so much pressure on them to win gold, I'm afraid that Miller will be a target tomorrow. USA winning the gold would be nice. but not at the expense of Miller going down.

I think your being a little dramatic here. I've never seen a Canadian team deliberately go after a goalie or any other player unless it was in retaliation. When a team is "going too the net" of course anything can happen. I don't see it as being a strategy to get too Miller. This team is too good otherwise to resort to that.

Yeah, I did think that Canada played a little dirty last time, especially around the net. Refs were pretty fair with the penalties though.

NO Canada!!!

:unsure:

Canada was assessed 4 penalties in that game (USA 3), none was for goaltender interference, so either they weren't dirty around the net or the refs weren't fair?

I think your being a little dramatic here. I've never seen a Canadian team deliberately go after a goalie or any other player unless it was in retaliation. When a team is "going too the net" of course anything can happen. I don't see it as being a strategy to get too Miller. This team is too good otherwise to resort to that.

I fully expect these very talented players to flip and flop (oops) and dare I say run Miller. We shall see.

:unsure:

Canada was assessed 4 penalties in that game (USA 3), none was for goaltender interference, so either they weren't dirty around the net or the refs weren't fair?

Incorrect. Ryan Getzlaf was called for goaltender interference in the first period after he took out Miller with a stick to the face.

BingO!

If it means Miller or goinig down or USA losing 12-0... I'd take 12-Zip anyday.

BingO!

If it means Miller or goinig down or USA losing 12-0... I'd take 12-Zip anyday.

If Miller is that much of a softy that you guys have to worry about him in this tourney, you guys will be beside yourselves when the playoffs roll around. If your boy can't handle this he's toast in post season when they really play nasty.

If Miller is that much of a kitty that you guys have to worry about him in this tourney, you guys will be beside yourselves when the playoffs roll around. If your boy can't handle this he's toast in post season.

That is not the point. I don't care what happens to him when he is wearing a Sabres uni in the posteseason. The Gold is worthless to me over the Sabres in the playoffs.

IMO, the whole point is to get to the NHL playoffs and try and win the Cup... That is where the chips should properly fall.

I don't think pros should be in the Olympics... Especially during season.

I have no doubt that somebody will try and take him out and better their fortunes for Team Canada and their team they represent in the NHL. These are the same players that were afraid to go to the form fitting sweaters because another player could see where they are taped and exploit an injury. There is no honor, especially in this game... And especially where a whole nation (Canada) will come unglued if they lose.

It is all about priorities and Olympic gold is not one of them. I totally agree with what some baseball players (Mark Tex) were doing by NOT playing in the world tourney.

If Miller is that much of a softy that you guys have to worry about him in this tourney, you guys will be beside yourselves when the playoffs roll around. If your boy can't handle this he's toast in post season when they really play nasty.

The difference is the rules in International play.

No more than the USA players will.

That too. Still doen't make it right. The players get paid by their NHL clubs. They should not be playing... Leave it to amatuers. Pros playing in the Olympics is just another attempt to cater to the spoiled star players that became good and didn't have a chance to play in the Olympics earlier. A "redo."

Summer olympics and the NBA sending players is even more appalling.