Darren Sproles

Joaquin1119

INDIANAPOLIS — Four days after releasing LaDainian Tomlinson, the San Diego Chargers could be in the market for two running backs after notifying Darren Sproles on Friday that they will allow him to become an unrestricted free agent.

Sproles’ agent, Gary Wichard, said the Chargers will not tender the running back, which they could have in order to receive compensation should he sign elsewhere. Sproles has been a solid backup, an occasional starter and a dangerous return man. He should draw interest in a limited free-agent market.

This decision not to tender Sproles was mainly done for economic reasons. If the Chargers had done so, they would have had to pay him $7.3 million next season. Should Sproles get an offer now, the Chargers could try to counter but he doesn’t have to extend that courtesy if he wants to sign elsewhere.

Although Tomlinson and Sproles formed a solid tandem for years, the Chargers were 31st in rushing last season.

San Diego, which won the AFC West, clearly will be in the market for running backs in the draft and maybe in free agency or via a trade.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/02/26/chargers-t...st-free-agency/

So since the chargers gonna let darren sproles test the market, I now believe the bills might try and trade lynch to them..who knows

INDIANAPOLIS — Four days after releasing LaDainian Tomlinson, the San Diego Chargers could be in the market for two running backs after notifying Darren Sproles on Friday that they will allow him to become an unrestricted free agent.

Sproles’ agent, Gary Wichard, said the Chargers will not tender the running back, which they could have in order to receive compensation should he sign elsewhere. Sproles has been a solid backup, an occasional starter and a dangerous return man. He should draw interest in a limited free-agent market.

This decision not to tender Sproles was mainly done for economic reasons. If the Chargers had done so, they would have had to pay him $7.3 million next season. Should Sproles get an offer now, the Chargers could try to counter but he doesn’t have to extend that courtesy if he wants to sign elsewhere.

Although Tomlinson and Sproles formed a solid tandem for years, the Chargers were 31st in rushing last season.

San Diego, which won the AFC West, clearly will be in the market for running backs in the draft and maybe in free agency or via a trade.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/02/26/chargers-t...st-free-agency/

So since the chargers gonna let darren sproles test the market, I now believe the bills might try and trade lynch to them..who knows

I wish we could work out a trade that includes Lynch and some other players/picks...to get any or a couple of the following...Sproles, Merriman, V. Jackson, McNeil and/or J. Williams.

*I will remind people, I am a Lynch fan and believe he is our undisputed starting RB. However, I like Fred and think he could handle the load for another 2 years (Lynch - another 8) and EVERY single one of those San Diego names I mentioned, would immediately come in and start.