The Bakken Formation

In the Bakken Formation, there is an estimated 3.6 BILLION barrels of oil that are technically recoverable. That seems like an awful lot of oil to be leaving out on the table, especially given how much money we export to the middle east. Any of you brainiacs out there knowledgeable on the issues surrounding this oil reserve and why we're not taking advantage of it?

In the Bakken Formation, there is an estimated 3.6 BILLION barrels of oil that are technically recoverable. That seems like an awful lot of oil to be leaving out on the table, especially given how much money we export to the middle east. Any of you brainiacs out there knowledgeable on the issues surrounding this oil reserve and why we're not taking advantage of it?

The last paper I read on it said oil needed to approach $5 a gallon to make it a viable option.

I was thinking it sounded like something Ackbar would say, "Assume the Bakken formation."

I was thinking it was a foundation of Gailey's new offense he wants to implement. By all means, it should be developed!

On another note, I thought oil shale was environmentally unfriendly and therefore unprofitable, indefensible and incorrigible.

That's John Edwards. He's diddled with everyone except his wife.

Maybe he needs to same therapy Tiger Woods is getting :unsure:

I was thinking it was a foundation of Gailey's new offense he wants to implement. By all means, it should be developed!

On another note, I thought oil shale was environmentally unfriendly and therefore unprofitable, indefensible and incorrigible.

It is. We need a setup with hamsters running on wheels