has anyone jailbreaked their iphone?

Pete

I have heard of it and talked to people who have it, they absolutely love it. I've thought about jailbreaking mine, but I don't really know how to do it and I don't want there to be some weird virus that ends up showing up and ruining the phone. If you do it, can you relay how it works and how to do it on the iPhone? I'd like to hear some more input.

I have heard of it and talked to people who have it, they absolutely love it. I've thought about jailbreaking mine, but I don't really know how to do it and I don't want there to be some weird virus that ends up showing up and ruining the phone. If you do it, can you relay how it works and how to do it on the iPhone? I'd like to hear some more input.

here is a good guide to jailbreaking

here is the program to do it

It's really not recommended.

Apple is famously persnickety about that and they've already pushed software for previous jailbreaks that can brick your phone.

It's not worth it IMHO. Sucks that they're paired with ATT. Worst possible provider - in my part of the world.

It's really not recommended.

Apple is famously persnickety about that and they've already pushed software for previous jailbreaks that can brick your phone.

It's not worth it IMHO. Sucks that they're paired with ATT. Worst possible provider - in my part of the world.

"Jailbreak could (maybe?) brick your iPhone. “When someone develops something for an Apple product and that development isn’t sanctioned by Apple, you run the risk of it not working as it should, conflicting with the device itself, or just all-around bricking that iPhone,” warns Chris Pirillo, who prefers not to Jailbreak his iPhone because “my iPhone just works already.” But I have never heard of Jailbreak completely ruining an iPhone. The consensus at this forum seems to be that the chance is “extremely slim.”

:devil: