Anthony Davis

BeastMode54

but here's Bulaga comment, also from joeB of wgr550:

Bryan Bulaga, Iowa - This kid is a home run. No doubt about it. His football IQ and level of confidence in his speech is astronomical. He was a completely consistent pass and run blocker in his time with the Hawkeyes, and has a nasty edge to him. If I dazed off for a second I would have thought I was listening to a ten year veteran. I was completely impressed.

http://www.wgr550.com/BUSCAGLIA--Thoughts-...Day-One/6447407

So, Bulaga is the Gregg Williams over OL interviewees :thumbsup:

Lori, you forgot to remind us about the chat!

I did. Forgot about it myself until it was almost over. I feel shame.

Sully's on right now, FWIW: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sully_on_spor...th-sully-1.html

Tim's still scheduled at 3, which means he's going head-to-head with the US hockey game. I told him I expect some liveblogging. :thumbsup:

but here's Bulaga comment, also from joeB of wgr550:

Bryan Bulaga, Iowa - This kid is a home run. No doubt about it. His football IQ and level of confidence in his speech is astronomical. He was a completely consistent pass and run blocker in his time with the Hawkeyes, and has a nasty edge to him. If I dazed off for a second I would have thought I was listening to a ten year veteran. I was completely impressed.

http://www.wgr550.com/BUSCAGLIA--Thoughts-...Day-One/6447407

well, clearly, the only explanation for this is that joeB is racist.

Alot of people liked Mike Williams personality better than McKinnie's

True. It's not that much unlike the whole Manning vs Leaf discussion. Before Leaf's meltdown and immaturity surfaced, all people had to go on was his performance, particularly in the bowl game vs Michigan (despite the loss, he played a great game). It was considered a coin flip @ the time. Oops.

Effort questions...Inarticulate...motivation quesitons...not measuring up to potential...

This sounds like either weed or --even worse--

He's 20.

He is suppose to be a good kid, not a thug at all. Just a little lazy at times. As you said at 20 who of us wasn't

I would not be worried about much else besides whether the guy can play football. This is a media guy complaining that he didn't get what he wanted out of Davis on the public relations level.

I'm not sold on Davis at #9, but if Chan is, it'll be because he thinks he can play in the NFL.

Davis could be the second coming of Mike Williams.

per joeB of wgr550:

Anthony Davis, Rutgers - I wasn't impressed by what Davis had to say today. At times he got lost in his own sentences, started answering questions then quickly jumped to something else. Essentially he didn't look prepared, didn't sound polished. Agents spend the pre-combine time getting these guys ready for the media portion, and Davis just wasn't ready. He weighed in at 323 pounds today.

majority of hall of famers dont sound polished,

something to think about