Anthony Davis

BeastMode54

per joeB of wgr550:

Anthony Davis, Rutgers - I wasn't impressed by what Davis had to say today. At times he got lost in his own sentences, started answering questions then quickly jumped to something else. Essentially he didn't look prepared, didn't sound polished. Agents spend the pre-combine time getting these guys ready for the media portion, and Davis just wasn't ready. He weighed in at 323 pounds today.

What a surprise. I dont think anyone would be talking about this kid if Tan McShay wasn't all over his dik. He looks very uncoordinated when you watch him play. He feet are heavy and slow. He will get demolished in the kick slide drill they do at the combine and drop like a rock.

per joeB of wgr550:

Anthony Davis, Rutgers - I wasn't impressed by what Davis had to say today. At times he got lost in his own sentences, started answering questions then quickly jumped to something else. Essentially he didn't look prepared, didn't sound polished. Agents spend the pre-combine time getting these guys ready for the media portion, and Davis just wasn't ready. He weighed in at 323 pounds today.

I would not be worried about much else besides whether the guy can play football. This is a media guy complaining that he didn't get what he wanted out of Davis on the public relations level.

I'm not sold on Davis at #9, but if Chan is, it'll be because he thinks he can play in the NFL.

per joeB of wgr550:

The reason why the combine is stupid is that people spend more time looking for reasons to dislike a player rather than spending time looking for reasons to like a guy.

The reason why the combine is stupid is that people spend more time looking for reasons to dislike a player rather than spending time looking for reasons to like a guy.

I understand what you're saying, but if a guy doesn't have passion for the game, and might not work for it, he could be out of the league fast. You want someone who is going to come to work everyday, and being unprepared for the biggest job interview of your life isn't a good sign. That being said, if Nix likes him, I'm fine with it. He's a beast of a human, and he's on;y 20/21 years old. pretty incredible

Agents hire people to conduct mock interviews with potential first round picks. It's a way to ensure they're saying the right things and thus not lose draft stock.

If Davis' agent did this, which I'm sure he did, then he's forgotten what he was taught. It's a stretch, but that's a minor cause for concern. Agents know the combine still carries a lot of weight for players, despite the pro days and game tape available.

average production and enormous potential spells too high a risk for a #9 pick. Lazy may describe Davis at times. Got away when he played against inferior guys. Just watch last year's RU vs Syracuse game and you will see why he should not be the pick. shiano placed him on wsecond team in spring last year due to fitness/attitude issues. Hope we do not go this route. been folling him since his days at Piscataway HS,. Tremeondous size/speed. ? aggresiveness and attitude.

It's a good thing talking isn't all that important a factor in blocking the !@#$ out of someone.

:thumbsup:

And interestingly enough, someone else at that same interview came away with a different opinion of the session:

Darren: Mark, was Anthony Davis able to shed the "immature" label at the Combine? I know he's high on the OT board, but we can't afford to miss and based on what I've read, Okung or Bulaga appear to be the better pick.

Gaughan: I watched his whole interview yesterday and I thought he made a good impression. Boy, he has a great body ... I know he was 360 at one point a year ago ... But he is not a heavy guy. Big frame ... not fat at all ... Yes, his maturity will have to be addressed with teams ...

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...fl-combine.html

Agents hire people to conduct mock interviews with potential first round picks. It's a way to ensure they're saying the right things and thus not lose draft stock.

If Davis' agent did this, which I'm sure he did, then he's forgotten what he was taught. It's a stretch, but that's a minor cause for concern. Agents know the combine still carries a lot of weight for players, despite the pro days and game tape available.

Yeah, or he got NERVOUS public speaking, like most of the population.

but here's Bulaga comment, also from joeB of wgr550:

Bryan Bulaga, Iowa - This kid is a home run. No doubt about it. His football IQ and level of confidence in his speech is astronomical. He was a completely consistent pass and run blocker in his time with the Hawkeyes, and has a nasty edge to him. If I dazed off for a second I would have thought I was listening to a ten year veteran. I was completely impressed.

http://www.wgr550.com/BUSCAGLIA--Thoughts-...Day-One/6447407