Do you think that Eric Moulds is useless

DreamOnDan

The Bills have to play a lot of mediocre teams in the next 5 weeks. I have Reggie Wayne and he makes Moulds look so bad every week. I also have Darrell Jackson who is very hit or miss. Chris Chambers is available in my league, earlier in the season I dropped Chambers and picked up Darrell Jackson. I feel like Chambers is a better option this week against the 49ers than the "very quiet" Moulds.

Chambers last 2= 16 catchs, 207 yds, td

Moulds last 3= 15 catch, 148 yds, 0td

Jackson last 3= 11 catches, 186yds, 2 td

I guess that I am trying to justify dropping Moulds for Chambers because I just hate the idea of dropping Moulds, as a fan. Oh yeah, I have to win to make the playoffs. I usually do my fantasy posting in the fantasy forum, but I was hoping to get this done tonight.

Moulds has never been a good fantasy player ... football players are either SOLID or good FANTASY ...

Fantasy players include: Priest Holmes, Brandon Stokley ... etc

--- these are guys that always seem to get TD's, but dont seem to rack up tons of yards

Solid players include: Tomlinson, Dillon, Henry (before), Moulds, Chambers .. etc

--- these are guys that always get 6-8 catches or 100 yards rushing, but dont get tons of TD's

Moulds is more solid than he is fantasy. The only player I can think of that is consistenly SOLID and FANTASY is Peyton Manning.

I have Moulds on my fantasy team and he's not spectacular, but he's very very solid. Until this week he's pretty much given me 10 points week in week out (scoring: 6pts for a TD, 10pts every 10 yds receiving). He doesn’t give much more than that generally, but he rarely gives less than that either. The guy is a solid starter in fantasy ball. There are only so many "superstars" in FF, you also need consistent performers to fill out your roster, and Moulds is that.

Moulds is only as consistant as his QB. That should tell you something.

Unfortunately, I think Chambers is an even worse alternative at this point. Feeley can't pass his way out of a paper bag.

Got any other options?

I dropped Moulds and picked up Eddie Kennison, at least I know the chiefs are gonna score 30 points at home this week. Without Priest I hope it is a passing game once again.

Bad quarterback, or not. Groin injury, or not. Moulds' is on the decline as a real and fantasy receiver...and this is coming from a guy who has faithfully worn his #80 jersey every football Sunday for 3 years.

the guy has ONE 100 yard performance in his last NINETEEN outings. He has only 4TDs in those games, and the Bills are 7-12.

in his previous nineteen games, he had SIX 100 yard performances and 10TDS. The Bills were 10-9 in those games.

He's not what he was, but he's still a solid #1 NFL receiver...I'd challenge anybody to name 10 better ones in the NFL.

I also have a serious problem with the way the Bills use him- taking him out of the game when the Bills have a 2 TE/ 2 back formation and sticking Aiken out there isn't exactly intelligent. Maybe Moulds isn't the best blocker, but Moulds' threat takes a safety and a corner out of run support. Just think about how often you see Moulds' man or a safety on Moulds' side burst into the backfield to tackle the RB as we see Milloy or used to see Winfield do. It almost never happens with Moulds out there.

How often do you see Eric Moulds catch a pass off a slant pattern? It's rare...his best games this year came when he was given a lot of chances on simple drags, but it seems like the Bills get away from that a lot. I guess his run after the catch ability has diminished, but A) he never gets the ball at full speed, and B) it's hard to rack up yards after the catch when you're running a little button hook in a zone, a sideline out pattern, or a quick hitch- which seem to be the majority of his catches.

But, I digress...

I have Moulds on my fantasy team and he's not spectacular, but he's very very solid.  Until this week he's pretty much given me 10 points week in week out (scoring: 6pts for a TD, 10pts every 10 yds receiving).  He doesn’t give much more than that generally, but he rarely gives less than that either.  The guy is a solid starter in fantasy ball.  There are only so many "superstars" in FF, you also need consistent performers to fill out your roster, and Moulds is that.

133123[/snapback]

Agreed. Moulds has been solid this year, a good #2 WR. I wouldn't dump him for Chambers, his offense is even less consistant.