Don't let the IOC catch you celebrating

PromoTheRobot

Great point, I didn't think of that angle. If it was the guys, people would have the "way to go boys" attitude.

If the Canadian women did this in an American rink, I would say, not cool, but it's their home ice advantage.

I disagree - the IOC would've still complained about it.

And I don't think many people outside of the IOC really care.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the IOC have any rules or code of conduct that the athletes agree to that this celebration might have gone against? That seems like the only potential issue. Overreaction? Yes, but if there is something they agreed to ahead of time, they should pay in some form.

Does the IOC have any rules or code of conduct that the athletes agree to that this celebration might have gone against? That seems like the only potential issue. Overreaction? Yes, but if there is something they agreed to ahead of time, they should pay in some form.

Maybe the IOC can have the empties?

Looks pretty white trashy to me, and I'm certainly not a prude.

Should've saved it for the locker room.

EDIT: I just realized that they celebrated after the fans left the building and only media were there. That shouldn't really be a problem then!

I'm surprised Pete. You are always one of the most open-minded people here.

Thanks KD. I didn't totally understand the whole scenerio. I didn't realize the US team was not there and it was after the rink cleared out. Congrats to the Canadian team. They deserve the right to party like rockstars. And I don't find a girl smoking a stogie attractive. It is up there with a girl that dips IMO. Just my opinion, to each their own

right, a time like, say, after you win a gold medal and a place like, say, on the surface you won that gold medal.

this reeks a bit of sexism, if it were Brett Hull or Messier or whomever, no one would've blinked an eye. c'mon.

jw

I didn't notice this when I posted (several minutes later).

Sorry if it looked like I plagiarized.

But great minds think alike. And apparently, on this topic, so do ours.

The only problem I see is that those broads are drinking Coor's Light

Wow, I missed that. I just noticed the Molson.

The Coor's Light is a HUGE violation, IMO. (Yes, I know they are owned by the same company.)

You know in the early 1900's, legend has it, that when the Ottawa Senators won the Stanley Cup they went out celebrating with the once "peanut bowl." The team got drunk and tossed the Cup into the Ottawa locks... Thankfully the canal was frozen. The next morning, regretting their actions, they went down to the flight locks on the Rideau and low and behold there was the Cup sitting on the ice in one of the lock chambers... Those crazy Canadians!

Wow, I missed that. I just noticed the Molson.

The Coor's Light is a HUGE violation, IMO. (Yes, I know they are owned by the same company.)

It's all under the same umbrella now, buy one it all goes in the same union pocket. Believe me I feel wierd walking up to the concession stand at the triple A game down the street and ordering a Molson.

Sexism :rolleyes: Always looking for the angle no one else see's. You are good.

He's somewhat right though... If the men were to do the exact same celebration and there were pictures of an 18-year-old MALE player drinking a beer (like say Drew Doughty) would there be any issue with it whatsoever?

There is no problem here, the US team and the fans had gone home and apparently this has been an Olympic tradition for years now (celebrating on the ice with family and friends). I have a hard time seeing what anyone find offensive of this.

My personal fav was watching some people question the fact that they are role models for young girls and this behavior is unbecoming....get a life!

He's somewhat right though... If the men were to do the exact same celebration and there were pictures of an 18-year-old MALE player drinking a beer (like say Drew Doughty) would there be any issue with it whatsoever?

There is no problem here, the US team and the fans had gone home and apparently this has been an Olympic tradition for years now (celebrating on the ice with family and friends). I have a hard time seeing what anyone find offensive of this.

My personal fav was watching some people question the fact that they are role models for young girls and this behavior is unbecoming....get a life!

The Michael Phelps bong story wasn't exactly ignored.

The Michael Phelps bong story wasn't exactly ignored.

There's a certain image problem with smoking weed versus underage drinking. Yes, both are crimes but, fair or not, one is viewed more heavily than others.

In both cases, I say Who Cares? These athletes did all they could to win for their country. How they blow off steam afterwards is none of my business as long as no one gets hurt.

There's a certain image problem with smoking weed versus underage drinking. Yes, both are crimes but, fair or not, one is viewed more heavily than others.

In both cases, I say Who Cares? These athletes did all they could to win for their country. How they blow off steam afterwards is none of my business as long as no one gets hurt.

I feel the same. It was dragging out the "sexism" thing I had a problem with.