4:00 is the deadline for franchise tags

JStranger76

I know draft talk is pretty heavy right now but a somewhat clearer picture should emerge after the first week or so of free agency. It would be nice to at least get 2-3 pieces of the puzzle in free agency like a LB, WR, and maybe a 3-4 DE.....the draft will then probably focus on OT and NT. Sorry folks, I don't see an answer at QB this year.............

Vince Wilfork, Aubrayo Franklin, and Ryan Picket have all been franchise tagged. Casey Hampton re-signed with the Steelers. Thus the attractive free agency options at NT have been eliminated. Richard Seymour has also been franchised.

There are really no starting quality options at the Bills major need positions (OT, NT, QB) in UFA. Chad Clifton is starting material but he's 33 and would need to be overpaid. We're just going to accept that there won't be any major additions in that venue this offseason. I'm guessing we pick up some depth players on the cheap at OT, WR, and LB but not much more. It's all about the draft. Nix really needs to hit on the first four draft picks to even begin to fill our roster holes.