WNY Snow

Chef Jim

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...WSFRONTCAROUSEL

Twelve to 15 inches of snow could cover Rochester by midday Friday as part of a powerful winter storm expected to blast the Northeast.

The National Weather Service in Buffalo has a winter storm warning in effect from 7 a.m. today through 1 p.m. Friday for much of western New York.

Meteorologist David Thomas of the National Weather Service said snowfall should remain "minimal" through tonight's commute, although the drive could be icy if the snow freezes to the road. He said snowfall is not expected to intensify until after 7 p.m., with the most significant accumulations still expected during the overnight hours into early Friday morning.

Meteorologist David Thomas of the National Weather Service said snowfall should remain "minimal" through tonight's commute, although the drive could be icy if the snow freezes to the road. He said snowfall is not expected to intensify until after 7 p.m., with the most significant accumulations still expected during the overnight hours into early Friday morning.

[/i]

Yeah. Sooooooooo looking forward to that. NOT! At least I'm home safe and sound from work. Daughter is spending the nite at her radio station in Ithaca. They got it worse than Corning......and she has to do the morning show tomorrow at 4:00 AM. Sigh....... (she did tell me she brought a box of wine though!)

I know that place well. More bar than restaurant. E'ville could have used a good restaurant. Outside of EBC, I think the only "good food" type place is Dina's (which is very good, BTW).

Dina's Website

My dad "lives" at Tips Up. Fellow CIA grad has owned the place for 25 years I think. The food's ok but I just love going there with my dad. Everyone knows my dad in that town. As a matter of fact my cousin said in a local article about HV said that Dick Young is always the first one on the slopes every day. 81 years old...god love him. :nana:

They're saying the blowing shouldn't be too bad because it'll be a wet snow. Supposed to be in the low to mid 30's.

I usually love shoveling snow and can do it all day... But there was one snow this past week where we only got about 2 inches... Anyway... It felt like 200... You couldn't even push it more than a couple of inches or it bunch all up into a heap of wet "concrete!"

Kinda like they have up in the Cascades... Man that stuff sucked... Usually it only takes me 45 minutes to clear everything... It took me more than 2 hours to lift all that crap! ONLY ABOUT 2" TOO!

:nana::cry:

I usually love shoveling snow and can do it all day... But there was one snow this past week where we only got about 2 inches... Anyway... It felt like 200... You couldn't even push it more than a couple of inches or it bunch all up into a heap of wet "concrete!"

Kinda like they have up in the Cascades... Man that stuff sucked... Usually it only takes me 45 minutes to clear everything... It took me more than 2 hours to lift all that crap! ONLY ABOUT 2" TOO!

:nana::cry:

A guy I worked with said "you'll have a foot of powder to ski in!" Uhhhh, no. You'll blow out a knee in that stuff. But at Mammoth Mt they had nearly 3' of powder with bright blue skies today. :w00t:

My dad "lives" at Tips Up. Fellow CIA grad has owned the place for 25 years I think. The food's ok but I just love going there with my dad. Everyone knows my dad in that town. As a matter of fact my cousin said in a local article about HV said that Dick Young is always the first one on the slopes every day. 81 years old...god love him. :thumbsup:

Never been to Tips Up, I'll have to check that one out next time I am in E'ville.