WNY Snow

Chef Jim

Ok, I see there's some snow headed to WNY and I am too. How much are they really expecting? Hopefully I'll be able to make it in. The snow is a good thing seeing I'll be skiing. Now just as long as I don't french fry when I should pizza I'll have a good time.

Ok, I see there's some snow headed to WNY and I am too. How much are they really expecting? Hopefully I'll be able to make it in. The snow is a good thing seeing I'll be skiing. Now just as long as I don't french fry when I should pizza I'll have a good time.

Duude...you're gonna have a bad time.

The Rochester-Syracuse area should see a foot of snow. Here in the Buffalo area we should see about 10 inches total. There will be high winds though that will reduce visibility. Good Luck!

At least from what they are forcasting:

The low will go over NYS from west to eastern NY and retrograde back a little bit before heading off toward NE... It shouldn't be too bad for the Southern Tier... Probably worse for areas toward NYC...

Still 6+ inches is not a drop in the bucket... But I would take, should be handled easily in WNY.

:thumbsup:

The Rochester-Syracuse area should see a foot of snow. Here in the Buffalo area we should see about 10 inches total. There will be high winds though that will reduce visibility. Good Luck!

They're saying the blowing shouldn't be too bad because it'll be a wet snow. Supposed to be in the low to mid 30's.

You're coming to WNY for skiing? The mountains around here kind of suck...

The Adirondacks and Vermont are where it's at on the East Coast

Yes I'm coming to WNY to ski? My dad lives in Ellicottville and is 81 and I come back every year to ski with him. But thanks for pointing me in the right direction of "where it's at".

Yes I'm coming to WNY to ski? My dad lives in Ellicottville and is 81 and I come back every year to ski with him. But thanks for pointing me in the right direction of "where it's at".

Here ya go Chef looks like a nasty one coming...

A major snowstorm is once again targeting the Northeast beginning Thursday, continuing into Friday. Here is what you need to know to prepare for this high-impact storm:

THURSDAY AFTERNOON/NIGHT

The storm will reach its peak intensity during this time.

Travel impacts will be major, as the storm intensifies rapidly and sweeps toward New England. Major airport delays are likely in Boston (despite a wind-driven rain), New York, and Philadelphia. Delays will also likely "ripple" to Baltimore and Washington, D.C., despite lighter total accumulations expected there.

High winds will spread up the New England coast, so expect downed limbs, wires, and power outages to become more widespread as the evening wears on.

Winds will intensify on the "backside" of this deepening cyclone from northern New England through Upstate New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, northern Virginia, and West Virginia.

Road travel will become dangerous, if not locally impossible Thursday night in these areas due to heavy, wind-driven snow.

Here ya go Chef looks like a nasty one coming...

A major snowstorm is once again targeting the Northeast beginning Thursday, continuing into Friday. Here is what you need to know to prepare for this high-impact storm:

THURSDAY AFTERNOON/NIGHT

The storm will reach its peak intensity during this time.

Travel impacts will be major, as the storm intensifies rapidly and sweeps toward New England. Major airport delays are likely in Boston (despite a wind-driven rain), New York, and Philadelphia. Delays will also likely "ripple" to Baltimore and Washington, D.C., despite lighter total accumulations expected there.

High winds will spread up the New England coast, so expect downed limbs, wires, and power outages to become more widespread as the evening wears on.

Winds will intensify on the "backside" of this deepening cyclone from northern New England through Upstate New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, northern Virginia, and West Virginia.

Road travel will become dangerous, if not locally impossible Thursday night in these areas due to heavy, wind-driven snow.

Ok, what area exactly are they referring to when they say Upstate New York? See that's one of the reasons why I started that thread on Upstate NY over the weekend.

Oh and BTW this is just great news. <_< At least it says nothing about delays in Chicago where I'm connecting out of. If this storm makes me miss my Friday Fish Fry someone's gonna have a bad time.

Ok, what area exactly are they referring to when they say Upstate New York? See that's one of the reasons why I started that thread on Upstate NY over the weekend.

Oh and BTW this is just great news. <_< At least it says nothing about delays in Chicago where I'm connecting out of. If this storm makes me miss my Friday Fish Fry someone's gonna have a bad time.

For what is is worth. Estimated snow bans WNY is in teh 6" - 1' range

Beer battered or breaded?

Beer battered or nothing. I hate breaded fish fry.

I used to have the best fish fry every Friday at my dad's restaurant when I was young. I'd have the first one of the night before we got busy. Fresh and crispy right out of the brand new grease. Yum!

Beer battered or nothing. I hate breaded fish fry.

I used to have the best fish fry every Friday at my dad's restaurant when I was young. I'd have the first one of the night before we got busy. Fresh and crispy right out of the brand new grease. Yum!

Did your Dad have a restaurant in E'ville? Which one?

Did your Dad have a restaurant in E'ville? Which one?

He wishes...and so do I. We actually looked at one there when I graduated from Culinary school. I think it's called Balloons now. It was the Crystal Palace or something back then. His place was in beautiful downtown Attica. :unsure:<_<

He wishes...and so do I. We actually looked at one there when I graduated from Culinary school. I think it's called Balloons now. It was the Crystal Palace or something back then. His place was in beautiful downtown Attica. :cry::nana:

I know that place well. More bar than restaurant. E'ville could have used a good restaurant. Outside of EBC, I think the only "good food" type place is Dina's (which is very good, BTW).

Dina's Website