USA Swiss

PromoTheRobot

Not really. It's just that your "look at me being Mr. Contrarian just for the sake of arguing" routine gets old sometimes.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

No... I guess I have been saying that for 4 years... What? Can't somebody say something different (and the truth).

I am not saying the guy isn't great and doesn't do everything right... I just think he is even better in these situations (like he is with team USA).

I am sorry if what I say really bothers you. Too bad. It is not about attention. If it was about me wanting to really get attention... I would say boo.

I am not going to use names, tell people to shout up, or belittle people who have a different take on things... I just started off with the fact that he hasn't captained any of his pro teams to victory yet. Until he does, I will still think that he is a great player that does better when he has exceptional talent around him. Exactly the situation he was in with the Avs, 2006-2007 Sabres (did not win), and now Team USA. Let's see what happens if the Rangers make the playoffs.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have proven my point. He is not going to carry a team

Who ever said he was? In fact, I said pretty much the opposite. Ya friggin' mouth breather.

That's an incredibly stupid argument when we're talking about a guy who has averaged 60 points a season. Can you read or process information?

I am not saying I wouldn't want him on my team either... I surely would. I just wouldn't want him as CAPTAIN. Yet, if you put better players around him... One of those other guys would be more worthy of being captain.

Leadership isn't about "carrying a team" - it never has been and it never will be.

You have proven my point. He is not going to carry a team.

I am not saying I wouldn't want him on my team either... I surely would. I just wouldn't want him as CAPTAIN. Yet, if you put better players around him... One of those other guys would be more worthy of being captain.

Would you say that Crosby and Ovechkin are the best players on their respective Olympic teams?

And yet, neither one is wearing the C tonight...

I still like Thornton as a player better than Crosby...I know that wasn't the point of your post but I's just sayin.

Joe Thornton? The guy who disappears when games matter the most? He's been the biggest playoff bust of the past decade. Sure, he puts up sick numbers (assists) during the season but come playoff time, he hides in the corner.

Call Drury overrated, or whatever Exile is saying (and I can vouch, he has been making this point for 4 years or so), but the very reason team USA is in the spot it is right now, is because it seems to be a team assembled with great hockey players (like Drury) rather than a cast of superstars. Drury may not be a "superstar" in the NHL, and I am pissed as hell at him (because I think he was a little insincere in his dealings with the Sabres), but I would take him any time...