USA Swiss

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drury doesn't put up sexy numbers and there's always been the issue of getting payed big money in New York for what is assumed to be small production.

The big problem is what he did in Buffalo made the expectation beyond what he's known for. Drury is a guy who does all the little things that win hockey games but he's never going to be a numbers guy. The first part of this tournament he was basically the last forward on the bench. Once the games became important and the situational play became critical, Drury's value became VERY apparent.

The average fan is ignorant and doesn't appreciate guys like Backes and Drury because all they do is help you win by making the smart play. EVERY time.

This.

Soo proud of the boys and OUR goalie!

A tad confused. Are we now assured of -at least- a game for Bronze?

This.

Soo proud of the boys and OUR goalie!

A tad confused. Are we now assured of -at least- a game for Bronze?

Yup. US in the semis (top 4). Lose the semi, play for the bronze. Lots of good teams left (Canada, Russia, Sweden, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Finland... basically the countries that send players to the NHL). Given my heritage, I'm rooting for a medal stand of: US-Sweden-Czech Republic. Then they all go to an Irish pub to celebrate.

Beating a dead horse (and there should be a smiley for that!): A the highest level, all athletes in team sports had to be leaders whether they wanted to or not. They were the best players on their team for most of their upbringing. Drury leads by example.

:thumbsup:

I agree to a certain point. The above is true on good teams with adequate/proven leadership. Yet, if that leadership has to fall solely on him... I don't think he likes it and the pressure gets to him.

I respectfully disagree.

[/Chinese Taipei Little League World Runners Up - 1989]

I respectfully disagree.

[/Chinese Taipei Little League World Runners Up - 1989]

Not that I totally disagree with you guys.

With the Avs was he captain?

With the Sabres?

With the Rangers?

Where are the Rangers going? Right down the toilet. IMO, I don't think he is captain material. I am not slacking his talent. All I am saying is he needs good players to take the heat off him. Not saying he isn't clutch or does the little things wrong. Until he captains a team AND wins, I will continue to think he isn't leadership material. Sure he leads "just by example"... IMO, one needs more than that.

I know I am going to take flak for this... And I believe Sabre management saw this. I always argued that there was much more going on in the locker room even before the whole fiasco of him and Danny leaving.

I'd take him in a heatbeat... In a secondary role... But wouldn't build my team around him.

Fire away.

There isn't a single team in any sport that has one leader. That's friggin' stupid.

In BFLO it soley did. I am almost felt sorry for him with all the pressure. Then you get calls by Rick Jeanneret, yes quaintly over the top not helping things.

Come on Darin... You didn't feel that pressure as a fan... And we are a zillion miles away from it.

Granted, I like the guy and would love him back... But not under those circumstances.

Until he does it at the pro level... I am a disbeliever.

Again... Where are the Rangers going under his leadership?

Nice bankrupt argument. The Rangers are going EXACTLY where a poorly built team should be and that has nothing to do with Chris Drury. There isn't a single person who has been around hockey who doesn't want Chris Drury on their team. Your stupidity doesn't change that little fact.

No one wins in the NHL without players. You talked about Colorado, the team of Roy, Foote, Bourque, Forsberg, Sakic, Blake, Hejduk. Go ahead and pretend that any team he's played on since has players of that caliber.

That doesn't change the fact that dude is cash money when they start playing games that matter - which is easy for Sabres fans to remember since he led the team in goals both seasons they made the playoffs with him.

In BFLO it soley did. I am almost felt sorry for him with all the pressure. Then you get calls by Rick Jeanneret, yes quaintly over the top not helping things.

Come on Darin... You didn't feel that pressure as a fan... And we are a zillion miles away from it.

Granted, I like the guy and would love him back... But not under those circumstances.

Dude, shut up. I know you don't get embarrassed at yourself but when I start actually feeling sorry for you, you should start thinking that maybe you're a little off.

Nice bankrupt argument. The Rangers are going EXACTLY where a poorly built team should be and that has nothing to do with Chris Drury. There isn't a single person who has been around hockey who doesn't want Chris Drury on their team. Your stupidity doesn't change that little fact.

No one wins in the NHL without players. You talked about Colorado, the team of Roy, Foote, Bourque, Forsberg, Sakic, Blake, Hejduk. Go ahead and pretend that any team he's played on since has players of that caliber.

That doesn't change the fact that dude is cash money when they start playing games that matter - which is easy for Sabres fans to remember since he led the team in goals both seasons they made the playoffs with him.

You have proven my point. He is not going to carry a team.

I am not saying I wouldn't want him on my team either... I surely would. I just wouldn't want him as CAPTAIN. Yet, if you put better players around him... One of those other guys would be more worthy of being captain.

Dude, shut up. I know you don't get embarrassed at yourself but when I start actually feeling sorry for you, you should start thinking that maybe you're a little off.

Don't shout me down, you know it doesn't work.

I have been saying it for 4 years now... Even before he left the Sabres.

What has he done at the pro-level leading a team?

No doubt he is a great secondary/right hand man... We all can agree on that.

*Yawn*

Ok Steely Dan, are you that desperate for attention tonight?

No. I just never got all this CD man-love. Go back and you will see that I have been saying this even before he left. Yes, he is quiet and leads "by example." A team needs more sometimes for the "C"... They need qa very vocal vocie at times.

Geeeeez... It is like I shot your guy's puppy or something.