Tony Kornheiser

\GoBillsInDallas/

I like Tony and Hannah, to tell the truth.

IMO, the suspension was probably due to his attack on ESPN. If Hannah worked for NBC there would have been no suspension. I don't think this was a PC thing, rather a corporate loyalty thing.

I love Mr. Tony. I listen every day to that radio show. (And, I've always been very high on Hannah - she's still getting it done, as Tony would say). Thanks to whoever posted that picture. She does look pretty ridiculous.

And, no doubt this is an ESPN deal. He says the same stuff every single day while having the 4th hour of the Today show on their monitors. He mocks out Hoda Kotf or whatever her name is and Kathie Lee Gifford for what they wear constantly........Why didn't ESPN suspend him then?

Funny that it took only took the first or 2nd post for somebody to say he's an idiot or whatever. On this board, you can mention any radio or TV personality, and within three posts you will have somebody say that person is the worst ever.

http://darynkagan.com/darynsblog.html

Even Daryn Kagan thinks "ESPN blew it." Total overreaction.

ESPN-- instead of focusing defending a woman's honor why don't you give us women sports fans more of what really counts--even higher profile roles for women like Hannah, Suzie Kolber, Linda Cohn and Reschiea Candidate?

She can't get her name right? It's Reischea Canidate!!! Who does this broad think she is commenting on other broads?

:wallbash::w00t: :w00t:

Hannah and her outfit

She did look ridiculous imo. Hard not to agree with Kornheiser, but decorum should have prevailed and he should have kept his mouth shut. Suspension was not warranted though.

Thats so funny, called my wife in that day to look at Hannah, and her response was "why do all you pig men have this catholic girl fantasy, and why does she think her boobs are right for that ridiculous shirt" . I then told her ole Hannah always dressing for the men..BTW, love Tony and believe this does relate back to Harold Reynolds/Steve Phillips situations as well as blasting a fellow ESP employee.

http://darynkagan.com/darynsblog.html

Even Daryn Kagan thinks "ESPN blew it." Total overreaction.

It's sad that the viewing public only accepts the slut-caster but is totally fine with fat male broadcasters.

Hannah is and has been a good broadcaster for a while (used to love her NBA work before she started doing other things) but she wouldn't have gotten the job without her looks.

No. It's typical PC, zero-tolerance nonsense that has been growing in this country for 20 years or so.

Millions of people in this country consider it "progress".

Saying something negative about the company that employs you. How often does that work out well? If this was one of those cases where someone is suspended for a comment that 10 days later someone found offensive, you might be onto something. You're absolutely right in those situations, but this isn't one of them. This is big business trying to control its own. I'm sure that has existed from day 1.

Oh the horror stories that are out there about working for Disney.

Saying something negative about the company that employs you. How often does that work out well? If this was one of those cases where someone is suspended for a comment that 10 days later someone found offensive, you might be onto something. You're absolutely right in those situations, but this isn't one of them. This is big business trying to control its own. I'm sure that has existed from day 1.

Oh the horror stories that are out there about working for Disney.

+1

This isn't political correctness out of control...this is a business reprimanding an employee for derogatory remarks about a colleague.

Posters who are decrying ESPN for this, let me ask you a question. If you were at work and made nasty public comments about a female colleague's attire, wouldn't you be punished?

+1

This isn't political correctness out of control...this is a business reprimanding an employee for derogatory remarks about a colleague.

Posters who are decrying ESPN for this, let me ask you a question. If you were at work and made nasty public comments about a female colleague's attire, wouldn't you be punished?

Apology? Yes. A visit to HR? Probably. A two-week suspension, and rumors that "ESPN corporate has told Kornheiser directly that he is no longer allowed to criticize any ESPN employee for any reason"? Overkill.

Apology? Yes. A visit to HR? Probably. A two-week suspension, and rumors that "ESPN corporate has told Kornheiser directly that he is no longer allowed to criticize any ESPN employee for any reason"? Overkill.

Like that article states, there is way more to this story than what is being told...........I listen every day, and this guy is correct - Tony has made fun of what Hannah was wearing many times. Why all of a sudden a suspension?

I listen to a lot of talk radio, mostly via podcasts, and Mr. Tony's show is by far my favorite. If he ends up bagging the radio show because of this stupid thing, I am not going to be happy!

Hannah Storm was on The Sports Reporters last Sunday. She was showing plenty of leg and flirting with the guys with a little touch of the hand on them or the way she was laughing at their comments, it was so obvious. And she looks like she had some work done around her eyes. So I guess it's OK to flaunt it but not to comment on it.

And every week near the end of The Sports Reporters, ESPN has one of their woman hosts do a standup saying what's coming up after the show, and they're always are wearing tight outfits with skirts or dresses above the knee. Hypocrisy.

Hannah Storm was on The Sports Reporters last Sunday. She was showing plenty of leg and flirting with the guys with a little touch of the hand on them or the way she was laughing at their comments, it was so obvious. And she looks like she had some work done around her eyes. So I guess it's OK to flaunt it but not to comment on it.

And every week near the end of The Sports Reporters, ESPN has one of their woman hosts do a standup saying what's coming up after the show, and they're always are wearing tight outfits with skirts or dresses above the knee. Hypocrisy.

I saw that too. I was hoping for a Sharon Stone moment. :D

I'm pretty sure Disney would execute problem employees if they could. Hell, who knows. Maybe they have offed a few already. This suspension is a lightweight move for them.

I agree it is overkill, Lori. I just don't think it is a free speech issue, nor a PC issue.