Bulaga

BeastMode54

We need one of the four OTs Mayock is talking about: Okung, Davis, Bulaga or Campbell.

That means four other players have to be selected in the top 8.

Suh and G. McCoy will definitely be gone, so we need two teams to select either Berry, Haden or McClain to ensure our OT is there.

I really don't believe any team will spend a high pick on Bradford or Clausen, but I hope they do. As long as it's not Buffalo.

I think Bulaga could be a starting caliber left tackle or an all-pro at right tackle. People really underrate how important the RT position is. If you are set at RT, you can afford to give more help to the left side.

Most definitely, RT is huge for the run game as most backs are more effective running to their ballside.

There aren't many in the drfat who will have a seamless transition to their position, but I believe that in that first echelon of 16 players, the 8 who will succeed earliest are

Suh at DT

McClain at ILB

Berry at CB or FS or SS

McCoy at DT 4-3

Okung at OT/OG

McClain LB

Spiller RB

Bulaga OT/OG

It's easier for the defensive players, particularly DT's and LB's to make a difference as rookies. Witness Patrick Willis or Brian Cushing. By week 6, Clay Matthews was Rookie of the Week, and he made it again in Week 10.

However, don't discount the quarterbacks making a big splash early. The Pepsi Rookie of the Week for the first 3 weeks was Mark Sanchez--I might add his o-line was intact. WR's could also be on this list, but I expect turmoil from Dez Bryant, and have Golden Tate ranked higher (but not in the top 8).

I'm not putting the QB's on my list because they'll all need seasoning;

So who is the pro comparison to Bulaga? Is he as good as Joe Thomas or Jake Long were coming out of college? Or is he more in the league of Sam Baker or Joe Staley.

(all white guys, yeah yeah I know)

No tackle in this draft is of the Joe Thomas or Jake Long caliber.

I think Bulaga could be a starting caliber left tackle or an all-pro at right tackle. People really underrate how important the RT position is. If you are set at RT, you can afford to give more help to the left side.

I have been saying the same thing. Even if Bulaga plays RT it would be a great pick because he could dominate that side for his entire career. I think he can play LT too, but I wouldnt call him a LT prototype. When Mayock likes a guy that much though, its basically confirmed he is a great player.

No tackle in this draft is of the Joe Thomas or Jake Long caliber.

I disagree. Jake Long has not been as good as advertised, ie as good as Thomas is, and while Okung/Bulaga dont have the same hype coming out, they could easily be better pros than Long. Bulagas style and play remind me of long also.

where re you getting this from. Link?

It's from another website. A guy there is a fledgling NFL insider.

The problem is, he's not worth a high 2nd, and will probably be gone by the Bills' (high) 3rd round pick. So it probably won't happen.

It's from another website. A guy there is a fledgling NFL insider.

The problem is, he's not worth a high 2nd, and will probably be gone by the Bills' (high) 3rd round pick. So it probably won't happen.

If you are still talking about Snead, who ever takes him higher than the 6th round needs their head examined.

no ****. And I watched Snead and Ole Miss a few times. What is there to be enamored with?

Well, did you see him play before this year ever? I am not trying to say he was great, but he looked pretty damned good to me and that was when he had a very good Left OT...Michael Oher. So, he has the tools and needs to be protected, like any quaterback, to be productive.

Hell, Look at some of Mannings numbers from his rookie year. Ugly and a 71.2 QB Rating for that year. Who remembers him being masterful against the Bills that late fall day in 1998? He was truly masterful about not getting sacked (not once) but must have been pressured and hit 15/8 times, respectively. But, I digress, he was mediocre from a production stand point that year and day in Buffalo.

11/22 @ BUF L 11-34 1 1 14 29 48.3 164 5.7 1 2 0 0 48.6 2 0 0.0 0

Snead did not get much help at Ole' Miss and he did not handle it too well either, but the kid has tools.

Peace. Go Bills!

We need one of the four OTs Mayock is talking about: Okung, Davis, Bulaga or Campbell.

That means four other players have to be selected in the top 8.

Suh and G. McCoy will definitely be gone, so we need two teams to select either Berry, Haden or McClain to ensure our OT is there.

I really don't believe any team will spend a high pick on Bradford or Clausen, but I hope they do. As long as it's not Buffalo.

I'm betting if it goes like you want it to, we'll pick Clausen or Bradford. But it won't, they'll be gone by #9.

I'm also not convinced Bulaga is an LT, he might be an RT in the long run. And an RT at #9 is a horrible mistake. Nix needs to get this right, whatever his decision is.