Panthers will not franchise Peppers

Beerball

As a guy that has watched every game the Panthers have played and follows that team as well I can say....HELL NO! Whomever is dumb enough to pay him the big bucks is going to get bit in the ass. Un motivated as hell, only goes half ass most of the time. He plays when it's a contract year.

Let someone else make the mistake of signing this guy.

Motivated or not... if Peppers is willing to sign for 4 mil/yr, as you imply his "sweetheart" contract would be, you jump all over it. I have to believe his going rate is going to be well north of that, unfortunately.

Considering his franchise tender was 21.8 million for next year I would be expecting much more than 4 million per year.

I'll pass on Peppers. He's 30 years old, and has major motivation issues. You give this guy a 4-5 year deal at $16-$20 mil per and your team is in trouble. I predict he will never get double digit sacks again. Once this guy gets his sweetheart contract, he's going to play dead.

Didnt the guy turn down what would have been the largest contract in league history at one time, so that he could get out of Carolina? He says now he wants to play in a 3-4 so that he can get tons of sacks and thinks it will be a help for him. He doesnt sound like a guy who wants to call it quits. If he were he would take a deal and ride it out in Carolina...

As a guy that has watched every game the Panthers have played and follows that team as well I can say....HELL NO! Whomever is dumb enough to pay him the big bucks is going to get bit in the ass. Un motivated as hell, only goes half ass most of the time. He plays when it's a contract year.

Let someone else make the mistake of signing this guy.

He's had double digit sacks in 6 of his 8 pro seasons. That's a heck of a lot of contract years. I'm not saying break the bank for this guy or to even sign him @ all, but let's not stretch the truth here.

He's had double digit sacks in 6 of his 8 pro seasons. That's a heck of a lot of contract years. I'm not saying break the bank for this guy or to even sign him @ all, but let's not stretch the truth here.

The guy is lazy and takes more plays off than not. He isn't worth the money and whomever pays him is going to get screwed massively. As soon as he gets that big fat paycheck, his numbers are going to hit rock bottom.